General Meeting/Minutes/2010-11-18

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes

  • Attendance - 14
  • Approval of minutes: 11/4 minutes approved
  • Outreach and evangelism:
    • Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO
      • no update
    • Industry Venues – PhilR
      • no update
    • Website – MartinM
      • Enhanced as per Organizational Structure discussion below.
  • Roll Out Update - KimW/JohnE
    • In lieu of Face to Face will start bi-weekly virtually meetings as "Business Team"
    • Critical that we get betas going in Q1. Looking for friendlies and ideally pairs of companies who exchange software in a supply chain. Anyone interested should talk to John E
  • Legal Update - Rockett
    • No update.
  • SPDX Group Organizational Structure- PhilO
    • Organization has been organically developing into 3 distinct, thought interdependent workstreams
      • Technical, Business and Legal
    • We are evolving the organization into three teams to reflect this.
    • Each team will have it's own place on spdx.org, mailing list, and meetings
    • This meeting will continue as the General Meeting, run by Phil, to coordinate workstreams.
    • Details in attached slides
  • Git Repo - Pete W
    • Peter has set up the Git repository such that
      • It embeds the RDF ontology
      • Can export to HTML or .pdf
      • Handles process for proposing/approving changes
  • RDF - BillS
    • Weekly meeting with Kate, Peter, Gary, Bill.
    • Recommended one of two alternatives for handling file information.
    • Group approved artifactOf proposal
    • Note: This involves referencing a DOAP file, but does not require all fields in complete DOAP file
  • Licensing Team- KimW
    • GPL "or later" issue
    • Group agreed that "or later" licenses need to be handled as separate items in license list.
    • Next item on licensing agenda is to develop a strategy for handling exceptions
    • This work will migrate to the Legal Team

Action Items

Note: Drafting related action items are embedded in the Wiki.

  • Dave - Clean up the WIKI to only have analysis visible that reflects current spec. DONE
  • Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification DONE, BUT AWAITING FEEDBACK FROM GARY
  • PeterW- Implement issue tracking system. BLOCKED ON KATE
  • Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - PENDING
  • Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. PENDING
  • Phil R - Update Industry Events. DONE
  • Rockett- Mail out trademark policy draft to SPDX list. DONE.
  • Rockett- Query status of trademark application DONE. APPLICATION IS IN AN WAITING FOR ASSIGNMENT OF A TM EXAMINER
  • All- Review 6 months mail and contrast against licensing group spreadsheet. FOR NEXT LICENSE GRP MEETING
  • All- If you can't attend meeting, post feedback/vote to list on 5.6/5.7 proposals. DONE
  • Kate- Write up formal proposal on SHA field change and mail to list. IN PROCESS
  • All- Review SHA field change proposal for technical flaws; if so, discuss on list. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MEETING
  • Kate- Add back to SPEC page in WIKI preferred syntax for adding comments. TO BE DONE
  • Michael H- Write up and share position on "reporting" vs. "interpreting."
  • PhilO- Get legal team input on Michael's position.

Next Meeting

  • 2010/12/2 at same time.

Attendees

  • Peter Williams, OpenLogic
  • Kim Weins, OpenLogic
  • Marshall Clow, Qualcomm
  • John Ellis, Motorola
  • Eric Weidner - OpenLogic
  • Tom Incorvia, MicroFocus
  • Gary O'Neall, Source Auditor
  • Michael Herzog, nexB
  • Phil Koltun, Linux Foundation
  • Martin Michlmayr, HP
  • Kate Stewart, Canonical
  • Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
  • Bill Schineller, Black Duck Software
  • Philip Odence, Black Duck Software