From SPDX Wiki
June 23, 2020
- Kate Stewart
- Thomas Steenbergen
- Rex Jaeschke
- Takashi Ninjouji
- Karsten Klein
- Rose Judge
- Nisha Kumar
- Steve Winslow
- Gary O’Neall
Topics: Update on 2.2.1
- Spec available at https://spdx.github.io/spdx-spec/v2-draft/
- Nearly complete
- Rex provided an overview of the current state
- Tables are now number
- Need to add to the release checklist to renumber the tables before release
- HTML tables styling was added
- Thomas requested the styling be put in CSS rather than inline
- ISO process may take up to a year
- 3.0 may well be ready to release at the time 2.2.1 is ISO approved
- Reviews for 2.2.1 – comments due by Tuesday 30 June
- Preference to pull requests or add issue
- File issue in the spec tagged with 2.2.1
- SPDX 2.2 ontology diagram need to update to 2.2.1 in section 5.1
- C.1 data model needs to update to 2.2.1
- D.1 grammar needs to go in a code block
- Gary will add a PR for the definitions section 3.x
SPDX as a Package Manifest
- Thomas added issue #439
- Minimal version of SPDX that can be included in the root of a directory for code that does not use a standard package manager (e.g. C/C++ projects that use makefiles)
- What do we use for the document namespace?
- What if we want to add a PackageVerificationCode or have FilesAnalyzed=true?
- Could it be applied to Go binaries?
- Can we use SPDX lite?
- Different use cases, are the fields the same?
- This will not be an additional section of the spec, but more guidance to the users of ORT
- Thomas also worked on an example for 3.0
- An issue and PR will be added to the spec
- No call next week due to Linux conference North America