Technical Team/Minutes/2016-10-18

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Oct. 18, 2016

Attendees

  • Gary O'Neall
  • Yev Bronsh
  • Bill Schineller
  • Kate Stewart
  • Scott Sterling

Bake-off

License XML

  • Gary will follow up with Jilayne and Paul to schedule a joint meeting
  • Should the scope of license XML be more general than just listed licenses?
    • Need to create some kind of namespace to make the ID’s unique
    • Will discuss on the joint call

What’s next?

  • Proposal to focus on adoption
  • Continue with the XML license definitions
  • Notices file – proposal to update the standard to help automate the generation of notice files from an SPDX document
    • Including a standard license will mask the original license text, making it difficult to both use the SPDX license ID’s and have enough information for generating the notice file
    • Will take this