From SPDX Wiki
November 3, 2015
- Gary O'Neall
- Yev Bronshteyn
- Bill Schineller
- Kate Stewart
- Scott Sterling
- Hassib Khanafir
- Proposal located at https://docs.google.com/document/d/13OknzNnY56UZhnj_VVPatirBrNze5cWXDx2fnKbBI_g/edit#heading=h.nmf14n
- Resolved snippet ID format
- Resolved external document reference
- Discussion on Name
- In SPDXElement. Snippet is a subclass of SPDXElement which would imply name is a required property.
- Proposal, make name optional at the SPDXElement level and add it in to SPDX Snippet spec
- Alternative proposal to fix ontology class hierarchy to not require name in all cases
- Bytes mandatory and lines are optional - all agreed
- Bytes ranges - start at 1 or 0
- Based on programming languages, would prefer 0
- The RDF standard states 1
- Agree to start at 1 - resolved
- Add a comment to describe why we are starting at 1
- Generally fixed up examples and cleaned up document
- Snippet copyright - should it be included if it is the same as the file copyright?
- Generally, yes - to be consistent with treatment of copyrights in other parts of the spec
- Can be no-assertion
- Should be documented in a best practice - Yev agreed to draft a best practice
- Remaining open items for Snippets:
- Name - proposal to make it optional, alternative includes not including a name in the snippet and changing the RDF model to be consistent.
- Review snippet comment.