From SPDX Wiki
Aug 4, 2015
- Gary O'Neall
- Kate Stewart
- UNO (Tom Gurney)
- Bill Schineller
- Scott Sterling
- Yev Bronshteyn
- Mark Gisi
External Package Information
- Proposal at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HTgrEKBlza_U3yZBKpgu9JDYhZkZ6Jbj9jNsmRreCMo/edit#heading=h.aawyob9p29xu
- Discuss use cases
- Maven repository dependency reference
- Discussion on approach - should we define a new section for external package or create a new property for package "external"?
- Advantage of external flag - won't need to add a new section
- Advantage of two sections (external package and current package definition) - can create a schema that can be validated for the mandatory and optional fields
- Agree to investigate an approach we have a section for common package elements and two subsections for the specific elements of an internal (current package definition) and external package.
- Yev will post a spreadsheet showing the different cardinalities of the package properties between the internal and external packages.
- Blackduck & Windriver are on track to submit to folder
- Discussion about relationships (net: need not be exhaustive, do the ones you can)