From SPDX Wiki
April 28, 2015
- Gary O'Neall
- Jack Manbeck
- Scott Sterling
- Bill Schineller
- Kate Stewart
- Mark Gisi
- Michael Herzog
- Hassib Khanafer
- Review proposed changes to SPDX 2.0
- Remaining items before release
- Apache tools collaboration
Review proposed changes to SPDX 2.0
- Reviewed Jilayne's comment, none and noassertion - we agreed that it is a substantial change and would be best to add it as a bug for next release. Kate will add to bug list.
- Mark to contribute some wording improvements to Google Doc
- instead of Conjunctive/Disjunctive, refer to License Expression Syntax
Remaining items before release
- RDF Terms - Gary to send out email asking for feedback by Friday. Gary will also make the RDF ontology source file available.
- SPDX Tools - Jack will post the latest tools Gary sent him once the site is updated.
- Jack will update site Fri/Sat unless showstopper email from Gary by Friday
- Kate will generate a PDF document and upload to the Wiki within the next couple of days
Apache tools collaboration
- Kate got feedback from the Linux Foundation - no issues with contributing the tools code to Apache.
- Agreed we should have one umbrella project for all the SPDX Tools (analagous to http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/) including:
- re-brand the 'pretty printer' as a Validator
- compare tool
- Maven plugin https://github.com/goneall/spdx-maven-plugin
- University of Nebraska at Omaha tools
- Samsung provided tools
- last year's Google Summer of Code tools
- The more community activity we have on an incubator project, the more likely it will graduate from the incubator
- Gary will reach out to the other SPDX community tools providers (Matt/University of Nebraska at Omaha, Samsung, Google Summer of Code Contributors) and see if they would support moving their code to an Apache incubator project.
- Once we have the list of tools pulled together, Kate will reach out to her contact at Apache for sponsorship.