Technical Team/Minutes/2015-04-28

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

April 28, 2015

Attendees

  • Gary O'Neall
  • Jack Manbeck
  • Scott Sterling
  • Bill Schineller
  • Kate Stewart
  • Mark Gisi
  • Michael Herzog
  • Hassib Khanafer

Agenda

  • Review proposed changes to SPDX 2.0
  • Remaining items before release
  • Apache tools collaboration

Review proposed changes to SPDX 2.0

  • Reviewed Jilayne's comment, none and noassertion - we agreed that it is a substantial change and would be best to add it as a bug for next release. Kate will add to bug list.
  • Mark to contribute some wording improvements to Google Doc

- instead of Conjunctive/Disjunctive, refer to License Expression Syntax

Remaining items before release

  • RDF Terms - Gary to send out email asking for feedback by Friday. Gary will also make the RDF ontology source file available.
  • SPDX Tools - Jack will post the latest tools Gary sent him once the site is updated.
  • Jack will update site Fri/Sat unless showstopper email from Gary by Friday
  • Kate will generate a PDF document and upload to the Wiki within the next couple of days

Apache tools collaboration

  • Kate got feedback from the Linux Foundation - no issues with contributing the tools code to Apache.
  • Agreed we should have one umbrella project for all the SPDX Tools (analagous to http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/) including:
  • The more community activity we have on an incubator project, the more likely it will graduate from the incubator
  • Gary will reach out to the other SPDX community tools providers (Matt/University of Nebraska at Omaha, Samsung, Google Summer of Code Contributors) and see if they would support moving their code to an Apache incubator project.
  • Once we have the list of tools pulled together, Kate will reach out to her contact at Apache for sponsorship.