From SPDX Wiki
September 9, 2014
- Gary O'Neall
- Bill Schineller
- Scott Sterling
- Jack Manbeck
- Kate Stewart
- Mark Gisi
- Jack Manbeck
- Kirsten Newcomer
- Decide on file type/relationship type/usage type
Usage Type/File Type
- Marketing issue - "Usage" no longer there
- In reality, it is covered by relationship
- Not a 1:1 mapping of usage to relationshiptypes - so we really shouldn't change the name of relationshipType
- Agree that it could solved by documentation - need to make usage clear.
- Will be in the relationshipType definition.
- All relationship types which were formerly usage types should have "used" in the description
- Will also be in the documentation for the relationship types specifically. We can also write an examples document on how usage is documented in relationship types [Jack]
- Review of the spreadsheet definitions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13MuhIhmdSx5e9B7OCuz_CUoYRtAu-WU08SbIMlym5Xc/edit#gid=585252373
- Cursory review looks OK with the possible exception usage (see above)
- Suggestion to update static link relationship type -
- Agree that the usage should be explainable only by the relationshipType (should not require a file type).
- Agree to remove usageType_Source - prefer generatedFrom and generates
- Suggestion to add more less obvious examples - e.g. YACC grammar generating a source file
- Should we get rid of executable? We can use generated from between the executable and the package it originates with.
- Reviewed all usageTypes in the spreadsheet. Green indicates it is fine, red indicates it is removed, and yellow indicates it is either postponed or needs more work.