August 5, 2014
- Gary O'Neall
- Bill Schineller
- Scott Sterling
- Kate Stewart
- Mark Gisi
Review or RDF documentation
- licenseInfoInFile - do we keep it? How is it different from declared license and concluded license for a file?
- Is there a need for declared license?
- We need a better distinction between licenseInfoInFile, declaredLicense, and concludedLicense (especially between the first two)
- Declared license is a statement by the copyright holder. licenseInfoInFile is the actual text found.
- licenseInfoInFile = MIT
- licenseInfoInFile = BSD 4 clause
- licenseInfoInFile = GPL 2+
- licenseInfoInFile = LicenseRef-22
- licenseDeclared = (MIT and BSD 4 clause and GPL2+ and LicenseRef-22)
- licenseConcluded = GPL2+
- agree to keep licenseInfoInFile and it is NOT a subproperty of licenseConcluded
- What is the precise definition for declared license? General the language from the spec for package.
- agree to keep licenseConcluded - the definition will be a generalization of the package licenseConcluded in 1.2
- should licenseConcluded be optional? NOASSERTION is really the optional component
- licenseInfoInFile = a single license ID per actual licensey text found IN this (text) file.
(This is ideal field for a scanner to populate. Four possible kinds of values 'none', 'noassertion', SPDXID, LicenseRef-ID)
- licenseDeclared = (NEW for 2.0 - can be applied to any copyrightable SPDXItem, including all the way down to File) =
('licenseDeclared' was a license EXPRESSION at Package level only) NOW: 'licenseDeclared' licenses declared by the authors of the ITEM (where ITEM could be a Package, File, even Snippet) ("Three" possible kinds of values 'none', 'noassertion', or license EXPRESSION)
- licenseConcluded: a license EXPRESSION that is concluded (by a reviewer)
("Three" possible kinds of values 'none', 'noassertion', or license EXPRESSION)