From SPDX Wiki
June 17, 2014
- Bill Schineller
- Gary O'Neall
- Scott Sterling
- Matt Germonprez
- Review filetype proposal from Kate
Relationship and Usage type documentation
- All can contribute text for relationship types directly to the spreadsheet at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13MuhIhmdSx5e9B7OCuz_CUoYRtAu-WU08SbIMlym5Xc/edit#gid=585252373
- Gary volunteered to take a pass at the spreadsheet
- Can we drop cruft?
- Use case - non licensing impacting files (e.g. git or subversion meta data)
- Usage type is more appropriate for recording this information
- Will move the conversation over to the usage type
- Added usage type usageType_nonlicenseImpacting
- Usage/relationship type update
- Suggestion to add the filetypes to the google doc of relationship and usage
- How do we handle the ambiguities?
- Should we define when to use which file type (e.g. executables should always use binaries and not application)
- Merge tool - a bit behind original expected code, but should be seeing some info posted to the tech dist. list today
- Automated spdx creation - Matt is working with the student, should see some info posted by end of day to the dist list
- Not currently using the SPDX git repo - decided not to change this at this time (could be disruptive to the project). Will discuss at end of project.