From SPDX Wiki
April 1, 2014
- Gary O’Neall
- Bill Schineller
- Michael Herzog
- Mark Gisi
- Scott Sterling
- Jack Manbeck
- Sameer Ahmed
- Jeff Luszcz,
- Matt Germonprez
- Kate Stewart
- Kirsten Newcomer
- Review Collab Summit Results
Review Collab Summit Results
- Need to add a link to Jack's instance diagrams presented at Collab Summit. Will put in the Use Case wiki page for the use cases it uses.
- Need to capture the Wind River file relationships in the minutes
External SPDX element reference
- Bill reviewed a writeup on the proposal (posted at XXX)
- Decided that the uniqueness of the SPDX document name is required, but the exact format is not specified (e.g. they do not have to use the GUID).
- Suggest best practice for using GUID's as a way of guarenteeing uniqueness
- Suggest all docs end with .spdx (but not required)
Relationships and Usage
- Are the current list of relationships and usage defined? - Not yet
- Would like to make the relationships symmetric
- Modifies and MofiedBy
- Discussion of generatedFrom - is it the same as DerivedFrom? - not really, generatedFrom is more of a compiler use case. Could we use builtFrom? Decided to stay away from the term derived.
- Reviewed Bill's instance diagram:
- exploded - don't like the term in general, consider "burst"
- Debian has a policy manual that describes relationships
- Suggestion to use the Debian term if it works
- We should allow for user defined relationships
- Sameer, Gary and BIll will write up one line descriptions for current relationship and usage proposals