Technical Team/Minutes/2014-03-18

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

March 18, 2014

Attendees

  • Gary O’Neall
  • Bill Schineller
  • Michael Herzog
  • Mark Gisi
  • Scott Sterling
  • Jack Manbeck
  • Kate Stewart
  • Kirsten Newcomer

Agenda

  • Google Summer of Code
  • External id proposal
  • Model updates

Logistics for Linux Collab Summit

  • Tuesday start at 9
  • Will be a working session.
  • Lunch - don't really have a count, - will play it by ear
  • Expectation around 10 people, but don't have a firm count
  • Jack will send out an email update prior to Tuesday
  • Need to update tool on the website
    • Current website is broken - has been escalated to Mike
    • Could use git to store the download and link from the main website - Gary will investigate
    • Could use Wiki to store the files - decided not to do this due to security concerns
    • Could point to the existing Maven repository which has a copy of the tools binaries

Google summer of Code

  • Being discussed in the biz team - everyone welcome to join the call
  • Proposals will be posted to the spdx-tech list
  • 6 students expressed interest so far
  • Matt is taking the lead on organizing
  • Matt and Gary are mentors
  • Selection process TBD - we are a sub project of the Linux Foundation, need to coordinate
  • Philippe has been through this under the Eclipse foundation, has been providing advice to Matt, Gary, others
  • Michael gave a good overview of GSoC
    • Lots of out of country interest/participation
    • Google provides support, primarily offline resources

External IDs for Packages

  • Email thread on tech list -
  • Mitre / CPE one suggestion for unique package IDs
  • ISO IEC xxxx another suggestion
  • Several different existing mechanisms
    • Maven (GAV)
    • Ruby Gems
    • Nuget.org
    • Debian.org
    • Github
    • code.google.com
    • sourceforge
  • Proposal to have an external ID to reference the above examples
  • This would be a property of the SPDX Element

Updated Model