Technical Team/Minutes/2013-10-01

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Oct. 1, 2013

Attendees

  • Bill Schineller
  • Gary O’Neall
  • Jack Manbeck
  • Mark Gisi
  • Kirsten Newcomer

Agenda

  • SPDX 1.2

SPDX 1.2

  • Decided to use the “pass the baton” process
    • Mark will edit Gary’s copy which already include Jack’s comments
    • Mark will send it on to Bill who will make the additional comments
    • Bill will send it back to Gary will to add the RDF terms once Bill is done
    • Gary will send out to tech team for review after RDF added in clean PDF form with a summary of changes in the email
    • We will send it out to the broader team after Kate has a chance to review early next week

Standardizing License IDs

  • Currently, there is a Wiki describing best practices
  • Dicussion on whether it should be standardized or just a best practice
    • The identifier spec has not been thought through as well as other elements of the spec
    • There is some urgency with the Das U-Boot press release and the Linux Kernel tagging proposal
    • Consensus that it should be standardized, but different opinion on the timing
    • Next steps: Breakout discussion on standardizing license ID references in source code with a goal to creating a proposed standard or identifying specific issues to be solved in order to create a standard
      • Should include legal team
      • Focus on license ID references in source code, but may also include discussion notices and the need for capturing them in source as well
      • Jack will followup with Jilayne on scheduling a joint session, possibly the next legal call