Technical Team/Minutes/2013-06-11

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

June 11, 2013

Attendees

  • Gary O’Neall
  • Bill Schineller
  • Kate Stewart
  • Jack Manbeck
  • Michael Herzog
  • Marshall Clow
  • Mark Gisi
  • Debbie McGlade

Agenda

  • 1.2 planning

1.2 planning

  • 1.2 date – target Linuxcon
  • Currently, the only documentation is in Bugzilla
  • Proposal to add file level notices – bug 1131. Optional field.
  • Proposal for package contributors/credit/authors.. Mark will send out a proposal.
  • Target the SPDX license template for 1.2 – Gary to draft proposed spec language [note – Gary will not be on the calls through July 4]
  • Package download mechanism field bug – considered for 1.2. Covers version control system use cases. Similar to project home page bug 1109. Should be considered together. Target for 1.2.
  • Jack offered to help spec some of the 1.2 changes – will ping Kate.
  • Bug 1120 – GPL 2.0 and GPL 2.0 and later – decided this should be a Legal team discussion. Michael will raise at the next legal team meeting.