From SPDX Wiki
- Gary O’Neall
- Marshall Clow
- Bill Schineller
- Kate Stewart
- Michael Herzog
- Jack manbeck
- Collab Summit Planning
- Model Discussion
Collab Summit Planning
- Wednesday tools discussion and hackathon
- Tuesday Morning tech team face to face. Modeling discussion will be one of the topics.
- Gary will update the model based on last week’s discussion and post a new graphic and the input data for the model
- Snippets discussion on modeling options w.r.t. Technical_Team/Proposals/2012-02-01/Merged_Model_Proposal
- Proposal to direct subclass SpdxFile inherits licenseData, annotation, generic sPDXElementRelationship, fileName, fileType ; extended to include a byte range
- Alternative proposal to extend the existing SpdxFile to include a file range
- Alternative proposal to have a snippet be a direct subclass of SPDXElement (inherits licenseData, annotation, generic sPDXElementRelationship) and have an association to a file.
- also have a special relationship(s) between Snippet-Snippet, Snippet-File (a relationship to the file it is contained in, in this package, and perhaps some external file (different byte range?) described in another SPDXDoc (from another package)
- Do we need to include the byte range?
- Byte range adds complexity
- Do we need this level?
- Verification use cases may need this?
- Thought to use annotations for the byte range
- We should capture the byte range within a file
- The choice of where we model the snippet is open
- Bill will send out an email to solicit input from the mailing list
- Annotation concept: should SPDX model have some 'standard' Annotations? Need to flesh out. Recall a suggested application of Annotation was to indicate a Change/Edit of data in a referenced SPDXDoc. (e.g. in the referenced SPDXDoc is says SPDXElement has licenseData X. My Annotation amends that to say it has licenseData Y).
- Another Annotation application: adding non-standard properties to an SPDXElement (known/understood only by parties in the know, but non-breaking)
- At all applicable to indicating the byte range of a contains Relationship?
- Kate traveling next week in Asia and will not be able to join the call