- Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
- Jack Manbeck, TI
- Tom Incorvia, Micro Focus
FSF license list additions
there are a few outstanding research items. Outstanding research items listed here:
- A) Condor Public License v1.1 – already decided to add licence, but research re: are there other versions for this license? I could not find any based on an internet search. This license looks to be based on Apache 1.1 so that probably explains the numbering → decided to use short identifier: Condor-1.1 for reasoning that this is what we have done with other similar licenses that use a version number (even though there is only one version)
- B) Jabber Open Source License v1.0 - already decided to add licence, but research re: are there other versions for this license? My research did not turn up any other version. → decided to use short identifier: Jabber-1.0 (same reasoning as with Condor)
- C) SGI Free Software License B v2.0 – already decided to add licence, but research re: are there other versions for this license? Yes, there is a v1.0, v1.1, and v2.0 – all listed here: http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/ → decided to add all versions. will use short identifiers as follows: SGI-B-2.0; SGI-B-1.1; SGI-B-1.0
- D) Unicode LIcense Agreement for Data Files and Software – are there other versions or other Unicode licenses? It does not appear so, based on the info on this page: http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html ... → realized that Fedora has a different Unicode license (for Character Database, Fedora uses short identifier: ) than the Unicode license above from the FSF list. more research needed to see if there are others, so can appropriately name, etc.
- E) Zend Engine License v2.0 – are there other versions of this license? See attached document below for summary of research and items to discuss → suggestion to add Zend Engine License 2.0 and use ZendEngine-2.0 as short identifier, but not enough people on call to decide - will discuss further on next call
Due to such a small turnout, we stopped there, as remaining items seemed to necessitate more input/people.
Decided to work on release of v1.17 of license list with additional FSF licenses in next couple weeks. Any outstanding items not decided by then will be incorporated into the release after that. → Jilayne to work on getting new licenses added and v1.17 release - more to come on that...