From SPDX Wiki
- Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
- Ibrahim Haddad, Linux Foundation
- Adam Cohn, Cisco
- Mark Gisi, Windriver
- Paul Madick, HP
- Tom Incorvia, Microfocus
- Jack Manbeck, TI
- Jason Buttara, Cisco
ink to meeting minutes in secondary drop-down menu goes to old page.
Who's going to be at LinuxCon
no: Paul, Tom, Adam, Mark, Jason yes: Jilayne, Jack, Ibrahim,
FSF License List
picked up where left off last meeting:
- discussed Guillerme email feedback re: adding all licenses from Fedora
- some of the items listed on Fedora list aren't really licenses, though - want licenses on SPDX License List to be fully vetted. decided to continue on as we did last meeting to get through the whole list and make sure to include some rationale as to why anything was decided to not add. Spreadsheet will be posted and people not on the call can comment as we go through the rest of the list. Once we have gone through the whole list there will be a period of time for additional comments before officially adding licenses to the list.
- what is the guiding principle for adding a license/to be on the list (other than attributes that need to be obtained)?
- we probably have some implications of this, but nothing explicit
- what is open source in this case - is it commonly used open source licenses or commonly used licenses on open source projects
- need to have distinction from "freeware," e.g. Sun/Oracle Binary Code LIcenses or other licenses that change often and too hard to keep up with current versions
- Mark to make a first draft of this definition/description
- License naming guideline that came up:
- for a BSD license derivative - if the common license name uses "BSD" then adopt SPDX naming, e.g. 3-clause, then the name of the derivative and similar short identifier
- but where the license has a common name that does not use "BSD" then use common name and create short identifier from that name (as well as what is used on other lists, e.g. Fedora) → add this info license list field guidelines
- got to line 33 (Do What the F*ck You Want license) in the spreadsheet - Jilayne to update and re-post here and then will finish the rest of the list next call.