General Meeting/Minutes/2012-10-04

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Attendance: 8
  • Minutes of Sept 20 meeting approved.
  • Lead by Phil Odence

Technical Team Report - Kate

  • Continuing to work through use cases. Slow but steady progress
  • Matt Germonprez (U of Neb) has gotten as far as mocking up SPDX output from FOSSology and has gone to a handful of people for feedback.
  • Team has reviewed Daniel German's new reference pages.
    • They provide results of DG's using his tool to scan Debian
    • It's a good resource and sanity check for someone creating SPDX of Debian
    • Ulitmate intent is to translate to SPDX

Legal Team Report - Jilayne

  • License list
    • Still working on 1.17
    • Plan to publish a roadmap, targeting quarterly releases
    • Receiving virtually no specific license requests (albeit getting occasional complaints)
    • Future considerations
      • Michael suggested we log any rejected license (with rationale)
      • Tom suggested making the list more visible on the home page.

Business Team Report - Jack

  • Recruitment
    • Continuing to actions to execute.
      • Roadmap
      • Presentiton
      • On boarding document
      • CRM instance for tracking
        • Pierre is experimenting with free hosted solutions
        • Some limitations on # users, but should be OK

Cross Functional Issues – Phil

  • Web Site Update
    • In stable condition. Some tweaks still
    • Need to start to get ready for Linux Foundation conversion
      • Phil to contact Ibrahim
        • Set up kickoff meeting
        • Understand what webmaster requirements are (based on other WGs' experience)

Attendees

  • Phil Odence, Black Duck
  • Michael Herzog, nexB
  • Kate Stewart, Canonical
  • Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
  • Jack Manbeck, Texas Instruments
  • Jason Buttura, Cisco
  • Tom Incorvia, Microfocus
  • Adam Cohn, Cisco