From SPDX Wiki
- Attendance: 10
- Minutes of Sept 6 meeting approved.
- Lead by Phil Odence
Technical Team Report - Kate
- Continuing to work through use cases.
- Peter Williams has left Openlogic. The tech team as well as the whole SPDX community officially thank him for his commitment and huge contributions to the project.
- Peter is replaced by Jeff Gran.
Legal Team Report - Jilayne
- License list
- Wrapped up FSF list work
- In process of defining what new license will go in the next version. Researching other lists with we'd like to to cover, Fedora is on the radar next
- Version 1.17 is adding 42 licenses to the previous 165
- Newly agreed to princple: If there is a version of a license on the list, we should also have all previous versions. (and future, presumably- Editor's Note)
- Question came up about Freeware/Shareware license. Tabled for future meeting with larger group.
Business Team Report - Jack & Scott
- Matt Germonprez of U of Neb and a grad student are making progress working with FOSSology and SPDX
- Barriers to Adoption
- Adoption remains a key focus of the business team.
- Working on a survey
- Plan to roll out to SPDX-involved companies as well as other companies from FOSSBazaar and LinuxF communites.
- Ibrahim has come up with some great recruiting ideas.
- Blocking issues: Need a govenance document (Phil is drafting)
- Other needs: Roadmap (Jack working), Defined onboarding process.
- Need a slide deck targeted at recruiting (Phil and Ibrahim working)
- Michael lead discussion about how to work with Linux Foundation.
- They are happy to help, but don't want to hand over mailing lists wholesale.
- Feels it's important that we track recruiting efforts like a sales pipeline; Is looking into using a CRM system to track. It is important to recognize that some companies will not want recruiting discussion details to be public
- Need to put some special thought into working with Asian companies.
Cross Functional Issues – Phil
- Web Site Update
- Lots of progress on clean up. Now in reasonably credible state, though still tweaking
- Bad links and dead pages are for the most part gone.
- Tech Team section now consistent with others.
- Some URLs are confusing/inconsistent, but not worth worrying about as Linux Foundation will be revamping site for us shortly.
- Jack is looking into adding a Contact Us tab.
- Phil Odence, Black Duck
- Michael Herzog, nexB
- Kate Stewart, Canonical
- Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
- Jack Manbeck, Texas Instruments
- Jason Buttura, Cisco
- Scott Lamons, HP
- Tom Incorvia, Microfocus
- Kamyar Emami, Protecode
- Pierre Lapointe, nexB