From SPDX Wiki
- Attendance: 10
- May 17 minutes approved
Legal Team Report - Jilayne
- Finalizing work defining the team's mission purpose of License List that were published two weeks ago. Please comment now or hold your peace. Latest draft:
- Legal Work Group description:"The SPDX Legal Team supports and provides recommendations to the SPDX working groups regarding licensing issues for the specification itself; maintains the SPDX License List; and promotes the SPDX specification to the legal community at-large."
- SPDX License List description:"The SPDX License List is a list of commonly found open source software licenses for the purposes of being able to easily and efficiently identify such licenses in an SPDX document. The SPDX License List includes a standardized short identifier, full name for each license, vetted license text, other basic information, and a canonical permanent URL. By providing a short identifier, users can efficiently refer to a license without having to redundantly reproduce the full license."
- Have been providing input to 1.1 spec to incorporate latest thinking on License List and to ensure consistent vocabulary.
- Working to make sure new website content is up to date.
- Turning attention back to matching guidelines. Aiming to reach closure with 1.1 release (about a month)
Business Team Report - Scott/Jack
- Business Team is eager for feedback from other team's on Mission/Vision. Looking to come to closure in the next few weeks. Expectation is that this will help with prioritization of use cases for the 2.0 effort. Latest version (embedded in a set of slides): File:Spdx-mission-review-may-2012-v2.pdf
- Also, pulling together a description of Business Team's function. Scott has drafted and will be working on this in the next Business Team meeting.
Technical Team Report - Kate
- 2.0 work
- A little over half the use cases have been fleshed out. Others are considering in a "graveyard" unless more work gets done on them.
- 1.1 work
- Hoping to bring to closure in the next few weeks.
- Near final draft to be posted next week, then open for two weeks of comment.
Cross Functional Issues – Phil
- Website Update - Pierre
- The effort has been rejuvinated. Content is moving to the new staging area.
- Web team is ready to flip the switch when content is set. No date set.
- Pierre is confirming that Steve is prepared to move wholesale sections (past meeting minutes, License List, etc.)
- LinuxCon Papers
- Scott submitting 1.1 update proposal
- Gary has submitted a proposal for talking about the OSS tools
- Phil Odence, Black Duck Software
- Pierre LaPonte, nexB
- Kate Stewart, Canonical
- Michael Herzog, nexB
- Scott Lamons, HP
- Jack Manbeck, TI
- Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
- Chuck Gaudreau, Protecode
- Gary O'Neall, SourceAuditor
- Mark Gisi, WindRiver