General Meeting/Minutes/2011-08-11

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Attendance: 16+
  • NOTE: I believe many folks joined whose names I did not capture. Let me know if your name is not here, and I'll be happy to add it.

Technical Team Report - Kate

  • New draft of spec posted as of 8/10; no field changes, just editorial
  • Open issue on data license; need agreement between spec and RDF
  • Deadline for feedback by early am 8/15
  • Tools updated
  • New example available

Business Team Report - Kim

  • GA
    • Press release shaping up; Kim reviewed list of names to be included
    • JimZ will mention in Keynote, Phil O. & Esteban R. have speaking slot
    • BOF session not yet on website; Thursday, 8/18 at 5:15 pm
    • SPDX booth staffing in progress; John Ellis working schedule; 1 pg handout will be available
  • SPDX Website update
    • Don't believe we'll be ready to cutover from sandbox to live site in time for launch
    • Kim will update Home page on live site in prep for launch
    • Kate will ensure spec is up to date on live site
  • FAQs
    • Asked all volunteers to get their contributions in by end of day Tuesday

Legal Team Report - Rockett

  • Circulated draft of revised trademark & compliance statements
    • Deep discussion on this topic resulted in additional proposed changes
    • "Policing" policy concerns raised; recommendation is to follow LF policy of community notification
    • Concerns about requiring attribution/compliance statement inside SPDX file requiring change to spec
    • Decided that no attribution statement will be included in SPDX file at this time; we will revisit post 1.0 GA
    • Rockett has the action item to send final wording to Kate
  • Data license discussion
    • Some team members concerned that use of PDDL, even with language about side-agreement re confidentially may affect adoption of spec by those who are working with packages that contain proprietary code
    • Other team members believe that allowing data licenses other than PDDL will affect adoption by open source community
    • Noted that Karen Copenhaver discussed this use with the author of PDDL and we have agreement that this use is compliant with intent of license; current wording provided by Karen C. after review with author
    • Decided that v1.0 will stipulate PDDL as only license for data

Open Action Items

  • MartinM- Report back on # of people on respective mailing lists. ONGOING
  • Kim -- share Biz Team proposed process for adding licenses to SPDX list more broadly
  • Michael H. -- Posting BOM info

Attendees

  • Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck Software
  • Kamak Hassin, Protecode
  • Kim Weins, OpenLogic
  • Peter Williams, Open Logic
  • Gary O'Neall, Source Auditor
  • Martin Michlmayr, HP
  • Kate Stewart, Canonical
  • Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
  • Esteban Rockett, Motorola
  • Phil Koltun, Linux Foundation
  • Tom Incorvia, Microfocus
  • Adam , Cisco
  • Mark Gisi, Wind River
  • Branden Robinson, Cisco
  • Jack Manbeck, TI
  • Steve Cropper, Cisco