General Meeting/Minutes/2010-12-16

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Attendance - 12
  • Minutes from 2 Dec meeting approved

Technical Team Report

  • Still going back and forth on grammar and syntax, resolving RDF and tag value
  • Various proposals will be circulating
  • Next priority is defining a license template

Business Team Report

  • Beta program starting up. Aiming to start late Q1 and wrap in late Q2
  • Some tooling needs to be in place prior to make it easier to generate syntactically correct RDF as well as to create human readable format. Gary's 'pretty printer' is a good starting point
  • Ideally seeking pairs of supply chain partners for beta. Motorola and HP are interested. Maybe Fedora.
  • Ping KimW if interested or with ideas

Legal Team Report

  • Kicked of regular meetings.
  • First Meeting: successfully bridging from licensing sub-team to new Legal Team. Good discussion about handling GPL3 exceptions. Also about rev'ing license list. And what is "required" for valid SPDX
  • Much discussion about license list. Conclusion as that we should add a field to SPDX that specifies the version of the license list used to generate the file. The version number for the list will be date based.

Cross Functional Issues

  • Collaboration Summit. April 6-8, San Francisco
    • Will be a compliance track on Thursday morning, the 7th including SPDX presentation
    • Tech Team will meet Thursday afternoon; Business Team, Friday morning
    • Legal Team may meet at Euro event or may try a teleconference
  • Need folks to migrate to respective mailing lists.
    • Current lists, Technical- 10 (up 2), Business- 7 (up 1), Legal- 12 (up 5)

Action Items

  • Kate/Kim- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and spreadsheet. PENDING
  • Kate- Add back to Spec page in wiki preferred syntax for adding comments. DONE
  • MichaelH/Rockett- Write up and share postion on "reporting" vs. "interpreting. PENDING
  • GaryO- Post regular meeting times on Tech Team page. DONE
  • Rockett- Post regular meeting times on Legal Team page. PENDING
  • MartinM- Report back on # of people on respective mailing lists. DONE, BUT LET'S KEEP UPDATING

Attendees

  • Kate Stewart, Canonical
  • Phil Odence, Black Duck Software
  • Bill Schineller, Black Duck Software
  • Kim Weins, OpenLogic
  • Peter Williams, OpenLogic
  • Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
  • Phil Koltun, Linux Foundation
  • Gary O'Neall, Source Auditor
  • Martin Michlmayr, HP
  • Esteban Rockett, Motorola
  • Michael Herzog, nexB
  • Pierre Lapointe, nexB