General Meeting/Minutes/2010-10-21

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

DRAFT

Agenda

  • Attendance - 14
  • Approval of minutes: 9/23 were approved on 10/14; 10/14 still need to be entered and reviewed.
  • Outreach and evangelism:
    • Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO
      • no update
    • Industry Venues – PhilR
      • no update
    • Website – MartinM
      • website has been running smoothly for while, no missing feature requests recently
      • SPDX listed in spam databases - working to get spdx removed.
      • BillS: any issue with posting HTML page? look to getting subdirectory should be ok
      • ( AI: Bill S to send Martin some examples. )
  • Legal Update - Rockett
    • SPDX file contents license - working on draft with Bradley, under creative commons - make sure last person editing absolves the previous person. Ideal goal is to work with Creative Commons open source license author.
    • Trademark use policy - Karen & Rockett to work on it. To be reviewed with SPDX work group, prior to wider publishing (AI: Rockett to mail out trademark policy draft to SPDX list)
    • Trademark processing in progress - looking for response back early November (AI: Rockett to query status)
    • Second dedicated LF meeting is still to be scheduled, SPDX cliff notes version needed for (see action item for Kate below), Rockett to announce date.
    • Some concern to make sure that SPDX is cast at appropriate light with Linux Foundation, and is not oversold.
  • Roll Out Update - KimW
    • no changes on roll out - face to face date still pending
    • key is how many people can participate, will be discussed tomorrow, and Kim to mail out to wider group the plans. (AI: Kim to announce F2F plans after discussion)
  • Licensing Subgroup Update - Jilayne
    • spreadsheet sent out with first list.
    • guidelines created as went along - looking for review and feedback from group.
    • questions came up as looking at it - to be discussed in next licensing meeting.
    • next licensing meeting now scheduled for 11/12 at this time - (AI: Kim to set up invite.)
    • (AI all: please review 6 months mail and contrast against spreadsheet.)
    • Some discussion on headers and decision made to keep the syntax of the text to be language neutral was made. (ie. C style comments, Java style, etc. ignored )
    • For now we'll keep working in spreadsheet, with goal of auto translating it over to the html pages when stabilizes. (see action for Martin/Bill to look at html pages written directly to WIKI)
  • RDF Subgroup Update - Peter
    • concensus of how code RDF semantics into spec still in discussion.
    • group is at work on adding additional capabilities to licensing part.
    • 5.6/5.7 issue - one proposal adds 5.6 & 5.7 additional properties (name and URL of project file belongs to) - alternate proposal links to DOAP project that encodes the name and URL. (AI: Peter will write up formal proposal between the two proposal, and mail out to list. )
    • (AI: All - Next meeting will be voting on it explicitly, those that can't attend, are urged to post feedback/vote to list.)
  • Spec Update - Kate
    • 3.3 - changing field from SHA of tarball to XOR of file level SHAs. (AI: Kate to write up formal proposal for change of field and mail out to the list.
    • (AI: All - please review and if there are technical flaws open discussion on list, if no flaws figured out, next meeting will vote on it changing).
    • 5.6/5.7 - discussion of mail list threads - clarification of proposals? (see comments under RDF)
    • no other spec field issues known pending at this time. Any new suggestions/requests/comments, please post to list, and add entry into appropriate point in WIKI.
    • (AI: Kate add back to SPEC page in WIKI - prefered syntax for adding comments into SPEC)

Action Items

  • Kate- Transfer document (.pdf) back to WIKI. DONE
  • Dave - Clean up the WIKI to only have analysis visible that reflects current spec. IN PROCESS
  • Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification IN PROCESS
  • Peter - Mail out competing proposals for 5.6/5.7 IN PROCESS
  • Kate- Track and (when Wiki is back up) implement changes described in Spec section below. DONE (see above)
  • PeterW- Implement issue tracking system. BLOCKED ON KATE
  • Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - pending.
  • Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. peinding
  • Kim - list of questions from Open World Forum to form start of FAQ - pending - will send mail to list with questions remembered, request Phillipe O, add comments.
  • Phil R - Update Industry Events.
  • Kim/Martin - slides from OWF made available. Now posted on open world - matin to post to SPDX or link. - DONE
  • Kate - 10/14 minutes to be added to WIKI for review. - IN PROCESS

New - See notes in above minutes.

Next Meeting

  • 2010/01/04 at same time.

Attendees

  • Tom Incorvia - MicroFocus
  • Michael Herzog, nexB
  • Esteban Rockett, Motorola
  • Bill Schineller, Black Duck Software
  • Phil Koltun, Linux Foundation
  • Janet Campbell, Eclipse Foundation
  • Peter Williams, OpenLogic
  • Kim Weins, OpenLogic
  • Eric W., Open Logic
  • Dave M. Open Logic
  • Jilayne Lovejoy, Open Logic
  • Martin Michlmyer, HP
  • Kate Stewart, Canonical
  • Mark Gisi, Wind River