Business Team/Minutes/2014-02-13

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Jack Manbeck
  • Scott Lamons
  • Pierre Lapointe
  • Mark Gisi
  • Gary O'Neall
  • Matt Germonprez
  • Mikael Söderberg
  • Phil Odence
  • Micheal Herzog
  • Jilayne Lovejoy
  • Kate Stewart

Agenda

  1. Approve Previous Minutes - All
  2. Update on the search for new co-chair for the Business Team – Jack
  3. Update on SPDX Track at the Collab Summit and nailing down an Agenda – Jack
  4. SPDX 2.0 requirements Document and getting it through the Tech Report Process – Kirsten and Mark
  5. Update on posting old license lists to the SPDX web site – Jack
  6. Other Business

Notes

  • Micheal has been collaborating with Matt and Gary to get a submission for Googles Summer of Code for SPDX. Discussed whether we should have SPDX as a mentor organization or use the Linux Foundation which is already one. Deadline to submit for a new mentor organization is tomorrow. After discussion it seemed to make more sense to leverage the LF. Phil was going to put Micheal in touch with the right people within the LF so we could get SPDX into the mix. The idea is to have students work on open source SPDX tooling for SPDX and/or the UNO SPDX projects.



  • We spent some time discussing a possible agenda for the upcoming Linux Collab Summit. Jack stated that three talks related to SPDX had been submitted and approved. It was agreed to do the talks on Thursday. Kate suggested doing a BOF at the end of the day for people using SPDX. Fridays would be devoted to team meetings for Legal and Technical. Mark will give an overview of the Tech report Framework but thought he only needed 30 minutes. Jack will pull the schedule together and submit it to the LF.


  • 2.0 Requirements
    • Document is approved by the Business Team. Kirsten to run it by the Tech team one more time and then we will publish it. It was also decided to use consistent language when talking about how one SPDX document relates to another. At times we have said hierarchy and at other times Relationships. We will only use the term relationships as Hierarchy is too narrow and Relationships implies Hierarchy as well. Jack to talk with Kirsten about that.


  • There was some discussion on keeping archived copies of the license list on the SPDX web site as html ages. We would start with version 1.18. Jilayne was concerned people might use an archived list instead of the latest one. As this is not a priority item, it was agreed to wait until the Collab Summit to discuss it and come to a conclusion.