From SPDX Wiki
- Jack Manbeck
- Micheal Herzog
- Norm Glaude
- Scott Lamons
- Phil Odence
- Pierre Lapointe
- Mark Gisi
- Jilayne Lovejoy
- None was published
- Discussed the adoption page and how it would be kept up to date. Should i be individuals or the business team, etc.,. Nothing to keep an individual from doing it. Consensus was to have updates to the adoption page done as a regular agenda item on the business team call.
- Continued discussion of best practices document which was an agenda item at LinuxCon. A draft outline was started at LinuxCon to describe areas where we could have best practices: see http://wiki.spdx.org/view/Technical_Team/Best_Practices . There was allot of of discussion on this topic.
- What do we start with? There are bugs in bugzilla that are tagged for a best practice document. Could start there.
- Who will do it?
- How do we say something is a best practice?
- Mark Gisi made a proposal for a process for something to become a best practice. Basically we can not say something is a best practice until it is widely done. Should start with a tech report or some other document that says this is how "we/I do it". At some point that could then be promoted to a best practice. All documents would be on a single subject so they would be concise. Roughly the process is:
- Someone owns it.
- They document it
- Its reviewed by the community
- Owner publishes it
- At some point there is community consensus and it is promoted to a best practice.
- Likely we would publish the documents/best practices on the SPDX site.
- Mark offered to own a tracking document for these in either a spreadsheet or on the wiki. He will work with Jack on a wiki approach to see if that works. Fall back would be a spreadsheet.
- Jilayne to send to Jack license list updates for the collaboration page.
- Phil and Jack to add Samsung to the adoption page.
- Jack to give Mark a quick wiki tutorial.