Business Team/Minutes/2011-05-26

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Kim Weins
  • Pierre Lapointe
  • Steve Cropper
  • Kate Stewart
  • Pierre Lapointe
  • Scott Lamons
  • Mike Gisi
  • Phil Odence
  • Kirsten Newcomer
  • Esteban Rockett
  • Kamal Hassin

Agenda

  • Beta Updates
  • Web Site Review
  • Discuss upcoming events

Minutes

  • Beta Sites
    • OpenLogic-Antelink
      • Kickoff today
    • Windriver-HP
      • Started the Kickoff
      • Working through issues to get tools running on the Windriver platform
    • TI-Motorola
      • Had an initial call. Jack is going to run point.
      • Identified one thread of Android to use in the Beta process
      • Jim Van Persom - circled back with Gary
      • Kickoff - scheduled for next week
    • Kate is looking at another potential Beta
      • Also talking to Daniel German re doing SPDX file for Linux kernel (a formal release) - using Ninka
      • Trying to prototype tools
    • Cisco - might want to get involved in Beta
      • Also talked to Jim Zemlin/Karen Copenhaver re LF getting involved in doing SPDX Beta for Linux kernel
      • Concerned about alignment between different SPDX files from different people
      • Issues re sample files on website
    • Discussion re SPDX for Linux kernel
      • Getting SPDX from copyright holder is great per Mark Gisi. However, thinks, that it may be hard because of amount of work.
    • How do we handle jars that may have other stuff inside -- thought was handling as conjunctive licenses. Could also handle as a separate SPDX file.
  • Web Site Re-design
    • Discussed with Steve and Martin re current technical setup for SPDX website.
    • It's one website with FOSSbazaar - shared users, db, etc- just different content
    • Uses Drupal 6
    • Martin will set up a sandbox for SPDX so they can experiment and determine what we want and what technology will work.
    • Currently Martin is taking care of SPDX and FossBazaar -- can do small changes. If want bigger changes, need to get in touch with LF re technical resources to help with website
    • Content
      • Working on personas --- understand the types of people/profiles and their path
    • Phil O -- Offered help to make interim fixes to current website, based on design discussions so far, if needed.
    • Kim to try to re-org Wiki
    • Try to get highest priority
  • Events (to try to speak at)
    • LinuxCon NA - Phil applied to have half hour at LinuxCon to talk re SPDX, Kate, Kim
    • LinuxCon Europe - possibly Kim or Phil O
    • LinuxCon Brazil
    • Possibly at Linux Plumbers as a BOF - depending on
    • Possibly other communit conferences, DebConf, ApacheCon, EclipseCon etc.