Business Team/Minutes/2011-04-14

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Kim Weins
  • Phil Odence
  • Phil Koltun
  • Jim McPherson
  • Gary O'Neall
  • Kirsten Newcomer
  • Pierre Lapointe
  • Esteban Rockett
  • Mark Gisi
  • Scott Lamons

Agenda

  • LF Collab Summit
  • Beta program
    • Training materials
      • Final tweaks and changes being made - finish up by end of month
    • Assigned Beta coordinators
      • HP - Wind River -- Phil O and Kirsten
      • Motorola - TI - Gary O'Neall
      • Antelink - OpenLogic - Kim W
    • Kickoff for early May
    • Set up a mailing list for Support for Beta sites - Phil O to set up, Kim to provide list of names
  • New threads from Collab Summit
    • Yocto (or other build tools) integration - Yocto (Jack Manbeck, Mark Gisi to research and come back to team)
    • Community outreach - Distros, Apache & Eclipse
      • Kim to put together value prop & slide deck
      • Apache - Jim Jagielski - Scott Lamons to follow up
        • Might need to start with a few projects
        • Talk to Legal - Sam Ruby? chairman of legal committee
      • Eclipse - had a couple of particpants - Phil O to re-engage
      • Distros
        • Debian - Ask Kate?
        • Ubuntu - Kate
        • Fedora - Tom "Spot" Calloway - Kate? or Phil O?
      • FSF/SFLC/FSFE - Rockett
    • Education & Communications for Launch
      • Web site refresh - Pierre, Kirsten
        • Do we need to go beyond Wiki?
        • Need to develop info architecture
        • Steve from Cisco can help
      • Standard document format
      • Broader Value prop/Positioning/messaging platform - work into presos and web sites - Phil O
      • Roadmap (near vs long-term)
      • Presentations for various audiences
      • Whitepapers (SPDX overview - needs to be refreshed, maybe add more)
      • Outreach - Kim
        • PR plan
        • Conferences
        • Tie into LF certification/training
        • Business/community & legal community