Business Team/Minutes/2011-01-06

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  • Beta program - interested companies, next steps
  • User content - brainstorm list of content
  • Review Action Items

Participants

  • Kim Weins
  • Phil Koltun
  • Phil Odence
  • Pierre Lapointe
  • Gary O'Neall
  • Tom Incorvia
  • Kate Stewart
  • Jilayne Lovejoy
  • Scott Lamons
  • Mark Radcliffe

Notes

  • Beta sites - reviewed list - 5 interested. See doc on Business section
  • Talked a little about possible trading partners for HP
    • Phil O - to connect Wind River with HP
  • Kim to set up a call to describe the program to all the participants
  • Need to lay out in detail exactly what we want them to do, answer questions on tooling
  • Gary O'Neall reiterated that technical team can provide tooling to generate and read SPDX file from flat file or spreadsheet type format
  • Could also use that call to get feedback on requirements
  • Will schedule call one month out - at Feb 3rd meeting
  • Agenda for that call
    • SPDX overview - benefits, etc
    • Tooling
    • What they will need to do
    • Licensing of data in SPDX file
    • What will we do with the data - what will they need to share
    • Ask their requirements for tooling
    • Discuss any concerns about confidentiality
    • What resources are available (documentation, support, etc)
    • Marketing expectations/requests
  • Slides needed for call
    • Gary - Tooling, Phil O - Overview, Kim - Beta Program for meeting -- create slides for the call
    • We will review the slides next meeting
  • Beta site timing
    • How long will it take?
    • Probably will take weeks to a couple of months
    • Kim to include sample project plan in slides
  • Send invites to the meeting and to list in general - Kim
    • Beta sites might want to invite supply chain manager for that call or other
  • Ask Rocket to be on call to discuss legal issues
  • Mark R - will try to include SPDX and possibly any results to date in his OSBC talk

Action Items from last time

  • Brainstorm list – divide and conquer to reach out - Done
  • Write up program info/email to solicit interest – Kim - Done
  • Presentation on beta program - Kim - Not done yet
  • Set up conference call to present further & get organized - Kim to do
  • Put together “beta support team”
    • Kate, Kim, Gary, Jilayne have volunteered
  • Need a “beta program manager”
    • Kim or ask John Ellis
  • Need training/doc/how to for the beta sites (these will be beta docs for final release) - discuss on next call
  • Will need a beta email list
  • What do we discuss/do at OSBC (Mark has speaking slot and can mention it, work with Matt to get separate seminar)), LF Collab Summit, ELN
  • Mark R - can talk at qtrly wine dinner and ask

Brainstorm List of possible participants to approach

  • HP - possibly with Motorola and/or distro partner (RH or Suse or Ubuntu) or vmWare - Scott - working on
  • Canonical/Ubuntu (Kate?) - Kim - Not ready yet
  • Motorola with other trading partner - Kim - Yes
  • Asus - ask Soren about this - Mark R - haven't talked to them yet
  • Wind River - Phil O- Yes
  • MeeGo within LF - Phil K -Not ready yet
  • Qualcomm - Mark R and Phil O - haven't talked to them yet
  • Nokia - ask Karen C - Kim haven't talked to them yet
  • Freescale - Kim ask Ann Thornton
  • Fedora - Phil O - Yes
  • Apache - with one of the distros - Kate to see if she can find someone, Scott to reach out to Jim J
  • BT - as an end user - Phil O - contact is gone
  • Alcatel Lucent - Mark R haven't talked to them yet
  • Advocacy groups - to endorse or participate
    • SFLC ( Bradley Kuhn, Karen Sandler - Kim), haven't talked to them yet
    • FSF (Eben) Mark haven't talked to them yet
    • OSI - Mark R haven't talked to them yet
  • Legal people -- Mark Radcliffe, Karen C, Heather Meeker
  • Service provider/tool vendors -- generating spdx or reading spdx
  • Mark Radcliffe - has personal lists