THE SPDX WIKI IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. ALL CONTENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO https://github.com/spdx
Technical Team/RDF Vocabulary Contributions - HOWTO
To make contributions to the spec please follow these steps.
- Report the issue. Reporting an issue is a huge contribute. You can stop here and have our gratitude. If you want to try to fix the issue you can follow the steps below.
- Clone the repository and setup the build system (see below).
- Create a feature branch.
- Make your changes on that branch.
- Create a proposal linking to the issue and describing your changes. Be sure to attach a patch (and include a link to your branch is if it published anywhere).
Specification development setup
The master source for the specification resides in a git repository hosted at linuxfoundation.org. Anyone can clone a working copy by doing:
The spdx specification build system is based on ruby. The following steps are required to generate the complete version of the specification.
- Install Ruby 1.9.2 using the appropriate mechanism for your OS. (Earlier versions of Ruby will probably work but have not been tested.)
- Install sqlite3-ruby gem: gem install --source http://rubygems.org sqlite3-ruby --version 1.2.5
- Install rdf-context gem:
gem install --source http://rubygems.org rdf_context
- Install mustache gem:
gem install --source http://rubygems.org mustache
One you have performed those installations you can generate the full specification by running
rake in the spec-spec directory. This will product a full html version of the spec,
build/spdx-1.0.html, and an rdf owl file containing the spdx ontology,
If you have any issues getting up and running let us know and we'll get your issue sorted out.
<kes> 20110516 - missing how to get contribution sent back - not ready for general usage.