Difference between revisions of "General Meeting/Minutes/2013-02-07"

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Convert to MediaWiki syntax)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>Attendance: 10</p><p>Minutes of Jan 10 meeting approved.</p><p>Lead by Phil Odence</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><strong>Business Team Report -Jack/Scott</strong></p><ul><li>Just had first meeting of year</li><li>Finalized and posted SPDX roadmap doc&nbsp;http://www.spdx.org/wiki/roadmap-2013</li><li>Planning for Collab Summit</li><ul><li>Reserviing SPDX room for at least one day</li><li>Working to mesh with Summit agenda which is still a little fluid</li><li>Planing on a 'plug and play' session involving SPDX, open source and commercial tools.</li><li>Several presentations submitted for Summit including a tools presentation from Mark and Gary</li></ul><li>Trying to get more direct involvement from Matt Germonprez. Jack will invite him to speak at the next General Meeting.&nbsp;</li></ul><p><strong>Tech Team Report - Kate</strong></p><div><ul><li>Working through 2.0 use cases.</li><ul><li>Looking at how many could be handled in a 1.2 release.</li><li>Down to 12 use cases that still require discussion</li><li>Progress, but slow</li><li>Link to use cases:&nbsp;http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx-20-use-cases</li></ul></ul><div><p><strong>Legal Team Report - Jilayne</strong></p><ul><li>Good organizational progress with assigning individuals (other than just Jilayne) to shepard various projects.</li><ul><li>Still need someone to own matching guidelines, key project.</li></ul><li>License list</li><ul><li>Going through exercise of comparing to Fedora list (as we did with FSF), identifying gaps and closing as appropriate/possible.</li></ul><li>The discussion of Public Domain being included in the license list keeps coming up. Jilayne is in the process of posting the logic behind the decision.</li></ul></div></div><p><strong>Cross Functional Issues – Phil</strong></p><ul><li>Web Site Update - Jack</li><ul><li>Still planning to cut over to new site by Collab Summit</li><li>Wiki conversion remains unknown.&nbsp;</li><ul><li>MartinM is researching</li><li>Jack is not too worried and has backup plans if it can't be completely automated</li></ul><li>Feeling is that current structure lends itself to move to new structure and Wiki.</li><ul><li>Jack is reviewing architectural work that we did when LF first constructed</li></ul><li>Matt Germonprez has offered to help with site in general.</li><li>Jack still wants to identify admins; still needs to create job descriptions</li><li>Question came up as to whether one can subscribe to pages in the new Wiki...yes</li></ul></ul><p class="p1"><strong>Attendees</strong></p><ul><li>Phil Odence, Black Duck</li><li>Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic</li><li>Gary O'Neill, SourceAuditor</li><li>Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck</li><li>Michael Herzog, nexB</li><li>Jack Manbeck, TI</li><li>Adam Cohn, Cisco</li><li>Scott Lamons, HP</li><li>Kate Stewart, Linaro</li><li>Steve Cropper, Cisco</li></ul>
+
* Attendance: 10
 +
* Minutes of Jan 10 meeting approved.
 +
* Lead by Phil Odence
 +
 
 +
== Business Team Report - Jack/Scott ==
 +
 
 +
* Just had first meeting of year
 +
* Finalized and posted SPDX roadmap doc [[Business_Team/Roadmap/2013]]
 +
* Planning for Collab Summit
 +
** Reserviing SPDX room for at least one day
 +
** Working to mesh with Summit agenda which is still a little fluid
 +
** Planing on a 'plug and play' session involving SPDX, open source and commercial tools.
 +
** Several presentations submitted for Summit including a tools presentation from Mark and Gary
 +
* Trying to get more direct involvement from Matt Germonprez. Jack will invite him to speak at the next General Meeting.
 +
 
 +
== Tech Team Report - Kate ==
 +
 
 +
* Working through 2.0 use cases.
 +
** Looking at how many could be handled in a 1.2 release.
 +
** Down to 12 use cases that still require discussion
 +
** Progress, but slow
 +
** Link to use cases: [[Technical_Team/Use_Cases/2.0]]
 +
 
 +
== Legal Team Report - Jilayne ==
 +
 
 +
* Good organizational progress with assigning individuals (other than just Jilayne) to shepard various projects.
 +
** Still need someone to own matching guidelines, key project.
 +
* License list
 +
** Going through exercise of comparing to Fedora list (as we did with FSF), identifying gaps and closing as appropriate/possible.
 +
* The discussion of Public Domain being included in the license list keeps coming up. Jilayne is in the process of posting the logic behind the decision.
 +
 
 +
== Cross Functional Issues – Phil ==
 +
 
 +
* Web Site Update - Jack
 +
** Still planning to cut over to new site by Collab Summit
 +
** Wiki conversion remains unknown.
 +
*** MartinM is researching
 +
*** Jack is not too worried and has backup plans if it can't be completely automated
 +
** Feeling is that current structure lends itself to move to new structure and Wiki.
 +
*** Jack is reviewing architectural work that we did when LF first constructed
 +
** Matt Germonprez has offered to help with site in general.
 +
** Jack still wants to identify admins; still needs to create job descriptions
 +
** Question came up as to whether one can subscribe to pages in the new Wiki...yes
 +
 
 +
== Attendees ==
 +
 
 +
* Phil Odence, Black Duck
 +
* Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
 +
* Gary O'Neill, SourceAuditor
 +
* Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck
 +
* Michael Herzog, nexB
 +
* Jack Manbeck, TI
 +
* Adam Cohn, Cisco
 +
* Scott Lamons, HP
 +
* Kate Stewart, Linaro
 +
* Steve Cropper, Cisco
 +
 
 +
[[Category:General|Minutes]]
 +
[[Category:Minutes]]

Latest revision as of 14:05, 7 March 2013

  • Attendance: 10
  • Minutes of Jan 10 meeting approved.
  • Lead by Phil Odence

Business Team Report - Jack/Scott

  • Just had first meeting of year
  • Finalized and posted SPDX roadmap doc Business_Team/Roadmap/2013
  • Planning for Collab Summit
    • Reserviing SPDX room for at least one day
    • Working to mesh with Summit agenda which is still a little fluid
    • Planing on a 'plug and play' session involving SPDX, open source and commercial tools.
    • Several presentations submitted for Summit including a tools presentation from Mark and Gary
  • Trying to get more direct involvement from Matt Germonprez. Jack will invite him to speak at the next General Meeting.

Tech Team Report - Kate

  • Working through 2.0 use cases.
    • Looking at how many could be handled in a 1.2 release.
    • Down to 12 use cases that still require discussion
    • Progress, but slow
    • Link to use cases: Technical_Team/Use_Cases/2.0

Legal Team Report - Jilayne

  • Good organizational progress with assigning individuals (other than just Jilayne) to shepard various projects.
    • Still need someone to own matching guidelines, key project.
  • License list
    • Going through exercise of comparing to Fedora list (as we did with FSF), identifying gaps and closing as appropriate/possible.
  • The discussion of Public Domain being included in the license list keeps coming up. Jilayne is in the process of posting the logic behind the decision.

Cross Functional Issues – Phil

  • Web Site Update - Jack
    • Still planning to cut over to new site by Collab Summit
    • Wiki conversion remains unknown.
      • MartinM is researching
      • Jack is not too worried and has backup plans if it can't be completely automated
    • Feeling is that current structure lends itself to move to new structure and Wiki.
      • Jack is reviewing architectural work that we did when LF first constructed
    • Matt Germonprez has offered to help with site in general.
    • Jack still wants to identify admins; still needs to create job descriptions
    • Question came up as to whether one can subscribe to pages in the new Wiki...yes

Attendees

  • Phil Odence, Black Duck
  • Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
  • Gary O'Neill, SourceAuditor
  • Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck
  • Michael Herzog, nexB
  • Jack Manbeck, TI
  • Adam Cohn, Cisco
  • Scott Lamons, HP
  • Kate Stewart, Linaro
  • Steve Cropper, Cisco