Technical Team/Minutes/2015-12-08

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

December 8, 2015

Attendees

  • Gary O'Neall
  • Yev Bronshteyn
  • Bill Schineller
  • Kate Stewart
  • Scott Sterling
  • Hassib Khanafir
  • Mark Gisi

Prior Meetings

  • No minutes taken from last call on Nov 17, lack of quorum. Email of pending items sent out by Bill based on request from Mark.
  • No meetings on Nov 24 & Dec 2 due to Thanksgiving holidays.

Case Sensitivity

  • Discussed license expressions case sensitivity, and everyone basically agreed with conclusion from email thread ( Tools should not be sensitive to it, but the recommendation is to use upper and lower case to aid clarity.)

Snippets

  • Proposal located at https://docs.google.com/document/d/13OknzNnY56UZhnj_VVPatirBrNze5cWXDx2fnKbBI_g/edit#heading=h.nmf14n
  • AI: Gary to double check X.2 permits external file references.
  • AI: Yev to create draft of X.7 copyright text best practices note.
  • Reviewed X.8 - no concerns.
  • Reviewed X.9 - discussion on whether it should be name or snippetName. Consulted model and fileName and packageName exist - so decide on using snippetName for consistency. Note: Spec refers to name for package, but model has packageName - which could be confusing.
  • Resolved that Snippets can be basically considered ready for incorporation into SPEC as long as Gary doesn't have issues with X.2

AOB

  • Bill: Is there a 2.1 version of the SPEC started?
  • Kate: Yes: (looking up link after call - its:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wE_zvLU4c291ACi9wIJmQoE4ltKRW4rzM1TYiIvEVOs/edit)

Before adding snippets in to it, would like to explore moving it to something that will work with git going forward.