From SPDX Wiki
Agenda for Technical Team meeting at Linux Collab 4/16
- Gary O'Neall (Source Auditor)
- Jack Manbeck (TI)
- Kate Stewart (Linaro)
- Dennis Clark (NexB)
- Kirsten Newcomer (Blackduck)
- Liang Cao (UNO)
- Martin Michelmayer (HP)
- Daniel German (UVic)
- Norman Glaude (protecode)
- Beth "Pidge" Flanagan (intel/yocto)
- Michael Neuling (NexB)
- Daniel Coley (Juniper)
- Brandon (Cisco)
- Best Practices/Usage of SPEC document
- get to outline and see who's interest in participaing in filling it in.
- SPDX 2.0 planning
- Review straw man model - Gary
- Instance diagram review? - Jack/Bill
- Distribution of packages use case
- will straw man handle? - cross check with Yocto
- reasonable abstraction of elements - consistent
- Other key use cases want to cross check?
Reviewed Proposed Merged model.
- Current model: http://wiki.spdx.org/index.php/File:Model-4-16-2013.png
- Decision to merge Document and Element.
- Decision to consider Document, Package, File, Snippet as sub classes of Elements.
- Snippets: byte ranges as sub class of Element. Multiple elements, overlap range.
- Not required, but permit and support, as sub case of elements.
- File is 0..#(EOF byte).
- snippet is only valid if it has a relationship to a file. "is part of".
- relationship: see Relationship Enumeration (w/Verification code of other element)
- usage : see Element Usage Enumeration
- license: see Licence classe
- verification code
- comment (by creator) 0:1
- annotation (by reviewer) 0:* - text, property of reviewer
- sub classes:
- property of a Document.
- comments are reflected as annotation
- "is part of"
- "generated from"
- "is same as" -- snippet discussion
- "modified by"
- "revision of" -- may want to evolove reviewer, document, code, auditor, intent of modifier....
?? how represent a revision of an SPDX file? provenance, adjustments?? derived from.
Element Usage Enumeration
- dynamic library
- static library
- data files (image, audio, visuals, etc.)
- test (data, frameworks)
- build tools
- documentation (man, README, SPDX, DEP5, etc.)
- reference implementation
WORKFLOW is a 3.1 issue.