From SPDX Wiki
- Brad Edmondson
- Paul Madick
- Alexios Zavras
- Michael Herzog
- Mike Dolan
- Karen Copenhaver
- Gary O'Neall
- Jilayne Lovejoy
- Alan Tse
1) XML Update: website preview:
- ~30 licenses had issues - need to address when cleaned up - some just out of order, etc.
- some had to do with lists that didn't have items or missing end list tag
- tag for other URLs: if that is empty it throws an error - if no URL, then remove that tag/section altogether --> after conversion, Gary can fix and commit directly.
- landing page with table - looks the same, no changes
- individual pages: (Apache-2.0 as example)
- bullets/numbers are showing up on a separate line. after we convert, do a global search and replace and remove p tag around bullet tag - should then display correctly - will want to review after that to make sure it didn't break it otherwise
- colored text for replaceable and omitable text (red and blue) displaying same for red text, but blue is not showing up - should trigger off of optional tag
- still need to review ~20 licenses
- address any remaining issues
- freeze!! XML repository (change settings to only a few people have direct commit access)
- in XML repository: new tag conversion (to new names)
- address any issues related to generating webpage (Gary or will file new issue)
- generate web pages to PREVIEW
- resolve any issues
- go live!
- need to sort out how to replace old repository with XML repository...
- put note on old one and refer to new one and just use that
- rename? have to sort out how that would work. maybe just rename current one to "archive" and keep XML repo name as is
- OR clone XML into current repo, then get rid of XML repo --> this seems like better option
- then update other webpages:
- move matching guidelines into Github too, so can be tracked for changes, etc.
- process requesting a new license and tracking that (in Github, in spreadsheet, etc.)
- XML description Schema? (add link to that... where?)
- general instructions on contributing to the license list - on Github README (with link to that from website / license list page)
2) Request to add Linux Normal System Call Note to SPDX License List
- is this an exception? this is where it structurally belongs re: the SPDX License List
- acknowedgment that "exception" concept language, was not well-formed at the time Linus put this note with the license. it is with the license, part of license, not just some random info somewhere else
- what about extra paragraph re: GPL only as found here? https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blame/master/COPYING
- Karen and Mike to go back to kernel folks to ask about this variation