From SPDX Wiki
- Paul Madick
- Dennis Clark
- Kate Stewart
- Jilayne Lovejoy
1) update on presentation Jilayne and Kate did at FSFE workshop on non-English licenses
- OSI shared their policy which is that they only accept it in English language and require a certified English translation
- some activity on this on general mailing list as a result of presentation
- point that putting a link is helpful but not saying it is an "official" translation
- issue of tools and matching: Dennis shared approach for Scancode which treats any translation as same license and same identifier
- seems ok to take word of author if they have multiple translations to use same identifier
- but what if someone else does translation (not author of license itself)? how do we deal with that (in terms of translation)?
- what about one language taking precedence over the other, if stated or not?
- OUTCOME: set up a separate wiki page to describe a couple of the options we've come up with and then have broader groups review, etc.