- Luis Villa
- Dennis Clark
- Bradlee Edmondson
- Dennis Clark
- Paul Madick
- Jilayne Lovejoy
1) SPDX License List v2.6 - remaining things to tie up before release
- Bolivia license, which is translation of GPLv3 in Spanish as far as we can tell. Need to reach out to FSF on this one.
- may not have been a direct translation, may have some provisions specific to Bolivian law
- FSF has list of unofficial translations - how should SPDX License List deal with that? Need to ask FSF.
- CC has a port v. translation - this may provide helpful model for us. if “ported” to different jurisdiction, then gets a different identifier; if it’s a translation, it’s the same license
- more discussion about licenses in different languages (again)
- Net-SNMP question: we asked tech team to comment, got some discussion, but not really an answer as to the question asked. Discussed some more. Decision: add as one license/stack (which means don’t need to add BSD-3-Clause with extra line re: Sun); the circumstances of this license (stack) is similar to Python, so makes sense to treat in same way.
- add note saying this is how the license appears in the project (need exact text)
- W3C: add following same protocol as used for other versions for short identifier and title
2) Goals for 2017:
- goals for SPDX workgroup as a whole discussed on Jan 5 general call. This list includes those specific to legal team, plus some other smaller legal team goals:
- move SPDX License List to being maintained on Github (instead of Git) and use Github issues for tracking requests, etc.
- finish the XML conversion
- need some help automating that last batch of licenses to convert from someone with some technical skills (Kris or someone else). Issues that are slowing down: hex character encoding (which make it less readable and have ended up eliciting unnecessary bugs/questions), list tags (which may still need to be manual), other automated tasks that were discussed: adding equivalent words, rules for (c) notices, and others?
- need add the licenses exceptions for review
- Jilayne to connect with Kris, find someone to do technical stuff, update action plan on next call: http://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/Templatizing/ActionPlan
- Brad asked for continuous integration for accepting new license - to ensure plain text version is converted correctly from XML master
- licenses that are not in English:
- need a summary, with examples and a description of what implicit policy we’ve been using and then a proposal as to what the policy should be - Paul to start, Luis to review
- Google doc for this is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I3oG6YE7QalMUWCsfSz7felRT6y_7mIHneaX92NcLag/edit?usp=sharing
3) Open Source Leadership Summit (formerly Collab Summit) - http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-leadership-summit
- Feb 14-16 at Lake Tahoe, CA
- who's going?
- there will be SPDX room available for working meeting on Thursday, Feb 16 - see general mailing list for more discussion on this
Housekeeping note: to ensure anyone who joined the mailing list since last January ,the current meeting invite will be deleted and a new one sent to the mailing list.