- Alan Tse
- Sam Ellis
- Brad Edmondson
- Dennis Clark
- Mark Gisi
- Paul Madick
- Jilayne Lovejoy
- Tom Vidal
- Kate Stewart
1) some general discussion on various postings on tech team mailing list, e.g., Yocto announcement, additional license expression - need to have discussion on this latter item with legal team, but not pushing to do so for 2.1 release. Mark can try to start collecting use cases so we can assess solution.
2) license list XML review
- issue found: nested lists in original licenses didn't always represent in XML, we do care about this - lists and nested lists should align with how sections and sub-sections. if you spot a license where list nesting did not come across, flag it with label = bug and add a comment as to what you found
- end list item should be outside of nested sub-list? - see CC license. ask Kris
- don't worry about escaped characters like & q u o t ; and so forth - ok to approve these (ok to merge? ask Kris)
- would help to have a way to convert XML back to plain text to be able to check formatting and how it looks and characters, then can see if indentation is right, etc. Suggestion to even set up a build test to match. Although being able to view this for individual license while you are reviewing them would also be nice. Kris - thoughts?
- also discussed overall plan that this master set would be able to generate HTML pages for website, plain text files and other formats
- bullet and numbering - should we not have markup for self-referring numbering, which would mean amending the current guideline to say only ignore bullets when there is markup? discussed pros and cons of this - by doing this we would be more exacting, which is now possible with XML format; but all agreed this is not a major issue and so there is little value for changing this. Will leave labels that Jilayne already tagged, but will not continue to identify
Jilayne to confer with Kris on questions and will amend these notes or http://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/Templatizing/ReviewXML as needed
- Jilayne went through licenses with labels, added comments and changed labels to follow a more consistent pattern; http://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/Templatizing/ReviewXML as needed and updated accordingly
- where someone had a specific question, assigned it to that person
- could some of the lawyerly folks have a look at anything with "needs legal discussion" tag in interim and comment. If we get 3 comments that all agree on a suggested change, then I think we can make the change and move it to "approved"
- tried to move "help wanted" labels to another label category - any remaining ones need commenting by assignee