Technical Team/Minutes/2020-09-22

From SPDX Wiki
< Technical Team‎ | Minutes
Revision as of 17:59, 22 September 2020 by Goneall (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

September 22, 2020

Attendees

  • Kate Stewart
  • Rishabh Bhatnagar
  • Nisha Kumar
  • William Bartholomew
  • Gary O’Neall
  • Steve Winslow
  • Thomas Steenbergen
  • David Kemp
  • Jim Hutchison
  • Peter Shin

Topics:

  • Base Profile

Base Profile

  • Other profiles (legal and vulnerabilities/defects) are currently blocked on documentation structure
  • Need a basic structure to start from
  • Need to core basically be defined
  • How aligned is the spec with 3T?
  • Don’t want to wait for the entire base to be specified
  • We have a diagram for Base that is pretty close
  • Should we have a diagram for the other profiles?
  • Licensing isn’t currently blocked – using a Google doc with text to make progress
    • Format looks similar to the 2.2 spec text
    • Would like to move to Github which will require a format to be specified
  • Need to follow the ISO profile as far as format
  • How do we specify which profiles are in effect
    • Clause 6 – Document information
  • Should we use the 2.2 format?
  • Document structure is in Google Docs at https://docs.google.com/document/d/19pAxCjXER5c_tdAjIIqK2Ipz5AvirH81GQuG5CsP8wk/edit
  • Discussion on Artifact superclass
    • Package, File and Snippet are concrete classes based on Artifact
    • Artifact is abstract
  • Should we check into 3.0 branch?
    • Current 3.0 branch was done before Rex’s reformatting
    • Rename 3.0 branch and create a new branch based on 2.2.1
    • DCO BOT is enabled for the spec repo in the branch protection rules
    • William will create a new branch
  • Steve will start putting the license in the new branch once available
  • If anyone has an issue blocking their profile, they will add an issue
  • Nisha asked if the base profile fields are locked down or if they are open to changes
    • Not locked down – can add
    • Base will be rather minimal
    • Profiles should work out what they need and raise issues when they need something to base
  • Are we adding fields to relationships?
  • Are annotations going to be used for defects?
  • Need to describe problem statements as well as solutions
  • Create a label “Blocked” if a team is blocked in making progress
  • Create a label for each profile
  • Create a meta-issue for each profile – optional
  • Subteams would decide if they need a diagram – if so, extend the base diagram
  • When the spec is complete, each profile will have its own diagram based on the base profile
    • Uses draw.io (a.k.a. diagrams.net)
    • Draw.io file can be saved

Next Week

  • Thursday is a joint tech team legal call
  • Tuesday may be a continuation of Thursday’s call
  • How interoperate between profile teams – if times allow
    • Diagrams
      • Python class diagrams
      • diagrams.net format
      • Plant UML