Technical Team/Minutes/2020-03-03

From SPDX Wiki
< Technical Team‎ | Minutes
Revision as of 21:46, 3 March 2020 by Goneall (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

March 3, 2020

Attendees

  • Rose Judge
  • Steve Winslow
  • Alexios Zavras
  • Gary O’Neall
  • Philippe Ombredanne
  • Peter Shin
  • Rohit Lodha

GSoC

  • Discuss proposal for Node RDF/XML format
    • Previous version of GoLang RDF support had issues with number of dependencies, has not been merged into the main project
    • Proposal to do a native RDF parser
      • Rohit willing to mentor
      • Update Wiki page – add improve RDF/XML golang
      • Get back on Gitter – OK to proceed, higher priority on the existing project idea, but would be useful
    • Support for 2.2, YAML and JSON functionality, better validation of values, etc. are higher priorities

Browser Plugin for SPDX

  • Currently in the git browser
  • Published under Alan’s personal account
  • Proposal to move it over to an Official Linux
  • Is there any project proposals to improve
  • Add to project ideas page if interested
  • Alexios to write up proposal

License Namespace

  • Review of proposal – PR #209
  • Idea – use of external document license references
    • DocumentRef-xxxx:LicenseRef-yyyy
    • Can we define a special syntax for DocumentRef which would refer to external repositories of licenses?
  • Repository implemented in last year’s GSoC
    • Gary to email Thomas the project overview
  • Discussion on syntax
    • General agreement for a proposal to use a namespace prefix followed by a colon before LicenseRef- See issue #209 for details on the proposal.