Old/Website Refresh/Collected Feedback
From SPDX Wiki
We've organized the feedback collected to date by the following categories:
- Information Architecture
- Hard to figure out who, what, when
- Not organized for different users
- Proposed usage categories: Participate, Learn, Use
- Mockup feedback/question: Where does LEARN button take you?
- Perhaps to About SPDX?
- Learn sub-topics should include: History, Overview, Using the spec, 3 minute webinar
- Mockup feedback/question: Developing the Spec link: where does this take you?
- Perhaps this link is replaced by Participation link/button.
- Mockup feedback/question: Outreach support link: what should be here? Who's the user?
- Mockup feedback/question: Where does PARTICIPATE button take you?
- To Participation pages
- Mockup feedback/question: Provide one-to-one mapping of big buttons to top level links
- build for both business user and engineer
- identify types of tasks
- buttons for returning users
- too much text
- add graphics, perhaps recorded video
- need big buttons to draw attention to main areas/flow
- reformat existing blue bar to have more links and bigger text
- Compare what we're doing with other sites
- Focus on Linux Foundation site rather than doing a lot of research across many sites since LF is sponsor
- drop down menus (navigable) for top buttons allow users to learn more about what's available without having to navigate to another section first
- provide multiple navigation paths to same content
- Suggest wiki be used for collaboration pages but not other pages
- Stick with Linux Foundation technology and standards
- What permissions control is appropriate for working areas?