From SPDX Wiki
- Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
- Tom Incorvia, Micro Focus
- Paul Madick, HP
- Tom Vidal
couple quick updates
- distributed draft of guildelines for types of licenses to be included (or not included on License List). Tom Vidal drafted first round with Tom Incorvia and Jilayne reviewing.
- responded to Roger Meier re: Flora license request
- have not responded to Roger's suggestion re: moving License List to Git (Jilayne to address this)
Discussion re: draft license guidelines
- focusing on list of characteristics: Vidal explained how he came up with factors - not a set of six, but more like a list of possibilities, how does a license rank on these factors (may not necessarily be mandatory)
- "provides access to source code" is probably right, but example, re: requiring distribution of source code is not always the case. maybe change language in lead-in to explain this, maybe even use IRS analogy
- maybe change to description of broad grant of rights; source code accessible.
- discussion on how to capture "direct license" concept as factor
- (see edits in document - included below with track changes from today's call.)
- Tom V. to take edits and provide another revision for next call
we need more people attending these calls...