From SPDX Wiki
- Esteban Rockett (Motorola)
- Kate Stewart (Canonical)
- Kim Weins (OpenLogic)
- Phil Odence (Blackduck)
- Amanda Brock (Canonical)
- Andrew Sinclair (Canonical)
- Karen Copenhaver (Linux Foundation)
- Scott Peterson (HP)
- Tom Incorvia (Microfocus)
- Allison Randal (Python Software Foundation, The Perl Foundation, Canonical)
- Mansour Ghomeshi (Motorola)
- McCoy Smith (Intel)
- Soeren Rabenstein (Asus)
- Paul Madick (HP)
- Jilayne Lovejoy (OpenLogic) Andy Wilson (Intel)
- Terry Ilardi (IBM)
- Michael Herzog (NexB)
- Introductions - Since this was the kick-off meeting for the SPDX Legal Workstream, all attendees introduced themselves in a descriptive manner. Many attendees were physically in a conference room at Choate et al. (Boston), others joined via the tele-conference.
- Bridge from Licensing Interim Workstream - Rockett and Kim provided an explanation of how this Legal Workstream was bridging over the work done in the prior Licensing Subteam, with thanks to Kate, Jilayne and Tom.
- Reviewed minutes/issues from last Licensing Subteam Meeting - The last Licensing Subteam Meeting Minutes were actively explained by Kate, Kim and Rockett. Attendees were also encouraged to review and ask any further questions. Lead by Jilayne, the Licensing Subteam's treatment of zlib/libpng was discussed, and generally agreed to be managed as two separate licenses. Kim explained which GPL v3 exceptions were currently listed as separate entries on the SPDX standard license list.
- Discussed Current License List & Review - Attendees were asked to review the current SPDX Standard License List. There was some confusion over the URL for the active list. Rockett to work with Phil and Martin to resolve.
- Discussed License Template Creation - Volunteers were requested to work on the License Template for the SPDX Standard Licenses. Sorenson, Jilayne and Rockett volunteered to lead the effort.
- Discussed Temporary Freeze of License List (30 days) - A temporary freeze, e.g. 30 days, of the current working SPDX License List was proposed in order to allow for some cleanup, as well as license template creation (please see above).
- Creation of a Process/Method to Add Licenses - An interactive discussion on how to add licenses occurred. Kim, Paul and Soeren volunteered to lead the effort in such a proposed method. This discussion then expanded into "if use of the standard license acronyms would be required" to be used for SPDX.
- Next meeting was announced to be after the holidays in 2011; at the normal bi-weekly time slot.