This is the working area for the Legal Team. The SPDX Legal Team supports and provides recommendations to the SPDX working groups regarding licensing issues for the specification itself; maintains the SPDX License List; and promotes the SPDX specification to the legal community at-large.
Work and discussion is primarily done via:
- Mailing list: our traditional form of communication. Meeting reminders, minutes, updates are posted there, as well as discussion.
- SPDX License List Github repo: comments and issues and PRs related to specific changes to the files that comprise the SPDX License List, e.g., update a URL, recommend additional markup for matching purposes. In particular, new license requests are tracked here.
- Bi-weekly calls: used to discuss topics and issues that may be difficult to only discuss via email or via Github.
The Legal Team meets every other Thursday at 17:00 GMT (9:00AM PT, 10:00 MT, 11:00 CT, 12:00PM ET).
- Meeting Minutes of the Legal Team - June 2020 onward
- Meeting Minutes of the Legal Team - prior to March 2020
- Decisions of the Legal Team - summaries of past significant decisions of the SPDX Legal Team
Working pages for project in progress: