General Meeting/Minutes/2012-01-12

From SPDX Wiki
< General Meeting‎ | Minutes
Revision as of 21:16, 25 January 2012 by Kweins (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search


  • Kim Weins
  • Gary O'Neall
  • Michael Herzog
  • Jilayne Lovejoy
  • Mark Gisi
  • Brandon Robinson
  • Steve Cropper

Legal Update from Jilayne

  • Talked about Legal To-Do's
  • Legal team is working on templatizing -- they have a  draft of guidelines.  There are some outstanding issues
  • Need to get going on the license approval process.  Biz team is owning the process but legal will be participants as well.
  • Jilayne and Adam finalized the last edits on the preamble for the data license.  Kim to send to community people for feedback
  • Mark Gisi has updated "rationale doc" that explains why we selected data license.  That doc is not yet on website, but Mark to upload

Tech Team Update from Gary

  • Work of tech team is focused on the 1.1 spec.
  • They did a review of the draft 1.1 spec and there were a few follow up items.
  • Plan is to resolve those issues and update the RDF and the tools by the end of Q1.
  • 3 new tools are available that
    • Convert between SPDX Tag and RDF format (both ways)
    • Convert from SPDX to HTML
  • 1.1 Features are:
    • Updated data license to CC0
    • Fix typos
    • Fix the verification codes
    • Add tracking of suppliers
  • Tech team is also starting on the hierarchical/embedded design for 2.0.

 Biz team update from Kim

  • Website conversion is almost ready to start
    • Web team had a meeting earlier in the week to review the work that is done
    • Steve Cropper to schedule a web training for next week to show people how to convert content
  • Discussed EclipseCon
    • Protecode is taking the lead to organize a BOF
  • Discussed Software Supply Chain Summit idea
    • The idea is to have an in person 1 day meeting
    • Invite people from companies in the software supply chain -- including non-SPDX participants
    • We want to start to socialize and spread SPDX