Difference between revisions of "Business Team/Minutes/2011-02-17"

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Convert to MediaWiki syntax)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<p><strong>Agenda/Minutes 2011 Feb 17<br /></strong></p>
+
== Agenda ==
<p>1. Beta program update</p><p>2. Volunteers for beta coordinator</p><p>3. Beta materials</p><p>4. Product management question on tools reqts</p>
+
<p><strong>Participants</strong></p>
+
<ul><li>Kim Weins</li><li>Phil Koltun</li><li>Phil Odence</li><li>Kirsten Newcomer</li><li>Gary O'Neall</li><li>Mark Gisi</li><li>Esteban Rockett</li><li>Scott Lamons</li><li>Jilayne Lovejoy</li></ul>
+
  
<p><strong>Notes</strong></p>
+
* Beta program update
<ul><li>We reviewed status of Beta sites.<ul><li>3 confirmed trading partner pairs<ul><li>HP - WindRiver</li><li>Motorola - TI</li><li>Antelink - community project (OpenLogic will create SPDX file for Antelink)</li></ul></li><li>Possibles - still determining<br /><ul><li>Mentor Graphics</li><li>ASUS</li><li>Alcatel-Lucent (as another trading partner for HP)</li><li>Fedora</li></ul></li></ul></li></ul>
+
* Volunteers for beta coordinator
 +
* Beta materials
 +
* Product management question on tools reqts
  
<ul><li>&nbsp;Beta coordinators
+
== Participants ==
<ul><li>We asked for volunteers to be beta coordinators.&nbsp; They will help project manage a particular trading partner pair and make sure beta is moving smoothly.&nbsp; VOlunteers are:<ul><li>Kim Weins</li><li>Phil Odence</li><li>Kirsten Newcomer</li><li>Gary O'Neall</li></ul></li><li>We may need additional volunteers depending on the number of beta sites.&nbsp; Let Kim know if you are interested</li></ul></li><li>Beta materials<br /><ul><li>We discussed the materials that will be needed for Beta and who volunteered to work on them<br /><ul><li>Process overview (proposed methodology) - still need a volunteer</li><li>Training materials<ul><li>SPDX overview - business - Kim</li><li>SPDX technical - ask technical team for a volunteer</li></ul></li><li>Documentation on tools - Kirsten N to write, Scott L to help test/review</li><li>FAQ on using the spec<ul><li>Kim and tech team for techncial stuff</li></ul></li><li>Bug system </li></ul></li><li>Timing - goal is to be done with materials be end of March.&nbsp; Drafts are due Mar 17.&nbsp; That will give last 2 weeks of Mar for review/edits</li></ul></li><li>Question on tool requirements<ul><li>Gary O'Neall asked beta participants (3 were on call) for preference of RDF vs tag-value format.&nbsp; Beta people wanted to check with their technical folks, but general consensus was either that they didn't care which format or leaned toward RDF.</li><li>Kim forwarded questionnaire to Betas after the call to ask for add'l feedback</li></ul></li></ul><p>&nbsp;</p>
+
 
 +
* Kim Weins
 +
* Phil Koltun
 +
* Phil Odence
 +
* Kirsten Newcomer
 +
* Gary O'Neall
 +
* Mark Gisi
 +
* Esteban Rockett
 +
* Scott Lamons
 +
* Jilayne Lovejoy
 +
 
 +
== Notes ==
 +
 
 +
* We reviewed status of Beta sites.
 +
** 3 confirmed trading partner pairs
 +
*** HP - WindRiver
 +
*** Motorola - TI
 +
*** Antelink - community project (OpenLogic will create SPDX file for Antelink)
 +
** Possibles - still determining
 +
*** Mentor Graphics
 +
*** ASUS
 +
*** Alcatel-Lucent (as another trading partner for HP)
 +
*** Fedora
 +
 
 +
* Beta coordinators
 +
** We asked for volunteers to be beta coordinators. They will help project manage a particular trading partner pair and make sure beta is moving smoothly. VOlunteers are:
 +
*** Kim Weins
 +
*** Phil Odence
 +
*** Kirsten Newcomer
 +
*** Gary O'Neall
 +
** We may need additional volunteers depending on the number of beta sites. Let Kim know if you are interested
 +
* Beta materials
 +
** We discussed the materials that will be needed for Beta and who volunteered to work on them
 +
*** Process overview (proposed methodology) - still need a volunteer
 +
*** Training materials
 +
**** SPDX overview - business - Kim
 +
**** SPDX technical - ask technical team for a volunteer
 +
*** Documentation on tools - Kirsten N to write, Scott L to help test/review
 +
*** FAQ on using the spec
 +
**** Kim and tech team for techncial stuff
 +
*** Bug system
 +
** Timing - goal is to be done with materials be end of March. Drafts are due Mar 17. That will give last 2 weeks of Mar for review/edits
 +
* Question on tool requirements
 +
** Gary O'Neall asked beta participants (3 were on call) for preference of RDF vs tag-value format. Beta people wanted to check with their technical folks, but general consensus was either that they didn't care which format or leaned toward RDF.
 +
** Kim forwarded questionnaire to Betas after the call to ask for add'l feedback
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Business|Minutes]]
 +
[[Category:Minutes]]

Latest revision as of 20:52, 28 February 2013

Agenda

  • Beta program update
  • Volunteers for beta coordinator
  • Beta materials
  • Product management question on tools reqts

Participants

  • Kim Weins
  • Phil Koltun
  • Phil Odence
  • Kirsten Newcomer
  • Gary O'Neall
  • Mark Gisi
  • Esteban Rockett
  • Scott Lamons
  • Jilayne Lovejoy

Notes

  • We reviewed status of Beta sites.
    • 3 confirmed trading partner pairs
      • HP - WindRiver
      • Motorola - TI
      • Antelink - community project (OpenLogic will create SPDX file for Antelink)
    • Possibles - still determining
      • Mentor Graphics
      • ASUS
      • Alcatel-Lucent (as another trading partner for HP)
      • Fedora
  • Beta coordinators
    • We asked for volunteers to be beta coordinators. They will help project manage a particular trading partner pair and make sure beta is moving smoothly. VOlunteers are:
      • Kim Weins
      • Phil Odence
      • Kirsten Newcomer
      • Gary O'Neall
    • We may need additional volunteers depending on the number of beta sites. Let Kim know if you are interested
  • Beta materials
    • We discussed the materials that will be needed for Beta and who volunteered to work on them
      • Process overview (proposed methodology) - still need a volunteer
      • Training materials
        • SPDX overview - business - Kim
        • SPDX technical - ask technical team for a volunteer
      • Documentation on tools - Kirsten N to write, Scott L to help test/review
      • FAQ on using the spec
        • Kim and tech team for techncial stuff
      • Bug system
    • Timing - goal is to be done with materials be end of March. Drafts are due Mar 17. That will give last 2 weeks of Mar for review/edits
  • Question on tool requirements
    • Gary O'Neall asked beta participants (3 were on call) for preference of RDF vs tag-value format. Beta people wanted to check with their technical folks, but general consensus was either that they didn't care which format or leaned toward RDF.
    • Kim forwarded questionnaire to Betas after the call to ask for add'l feedback