THE SPDX WIKI IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. ALL CONTENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO https://github.com/spdx
Gary O’Neall, Bill Schineller, Kate Stewart, Jack Manbeck, Michael Herzog, Ed Warnicke, Peter Williams, Kirsten Newcomer, Marshall Clow
- Re-cap of Linux Con discussions
- Discussion of recent blog post expressing confusion about SPDX
- Ed Warnicke proposal / demo of 'Watermarking'
- Kate: 1.1 spec draft and rdf got in sync, releaseable
- Fossology intent to provide Agent to produce 1.1 SPDX announced
- Deferred modeling discussions while at Linux Con
- Ed W. socialized idea of 'Watermarking' approach
- Jack: idea for validation suite - future agenda item?
- Kate: need to update examples - volunteer to do 'time' package
- Kate: idea for "plug fest" at next Linux Collab summit - encourage those who support/produce SPDX to do so for same package and compare results?
- Source files and their compiled output are the "leaves" of hierarchies of copyrightable 'things', so can SPDX specify a watermarking approach to put licensing information directly in source files?
- Reqts: Machine-readable, close to leaf, flows through hierarchy
- Demonstrated for the C language an spdx.h defining a macro SPDX_INFO. Including this header, then compiling results in an introspectable compiled output
- Peter - "ship it"? !
- Ed: our 'one chance' to get it right with upstream providers, don't rush it
- Michael: let's decouple the spec from its 'enabling technologies"
- Issues: concern about the SIZE compiling strings into object code adds to the distros.
- Let's determine what's 'acceptable' size bloat (none!...) and think about other languages too