- Jilayne Lovejoy
- Sam Ellis
- Dennis Clark
- Mark Gisi
(limited attendance due to LinuxCon NA having just ended yesterday)
1) Update from LinuxCon - quick thoughts from Mark, but will do bigger update next call
- Biggest SPDX-related meeting was the bakeoff went well, good feedback from that.
- Gary gave his presentation - good showing there.
- Mark gave a talk too, but not related to SPDX directly. Premise was: great sharing is happening, but if forget to include license info - the code ceases to be "open". And "grading" of projects by tool by WindRiver, showing example of Apache and FSF projects who get A+
2) Headers project: Mark working on drafting summary of issue and proposal; will send to group once in more firm, for review
- discussed some further thoughts on Mark's proposal
- discussed markup for standard headers: about 51 licneses with standard headers; HTML is not formatting correclty on web pages - this will be fixed as of 2.2 release at end of September
- about 25 standard headers need markup, many of which have copyright notices
- what about copyright notices? should they be in license text and headers at all? there is a separate field in SPDX spec for copyright notices, and matching guideline #10 http://spdx.org/spdx-license-list/matching-guidelines says to ignore copyright notice for purposes of matching license text, so maybe
- * oddball case: when the copyright notice is not at top of license or header, but in middle of or part of text - previously decided that in this case, the copyright notice would get markup
- * oddball case: when the license itself has copyright notice - previously decided that this would not get markup and be part of match. (should the matching guideline re: copyright notices mention this scenario?)
- * for discussion on next legal call...
- for replaceable text in standard headers, will add same markup as with licenses and use whatever is "original" (even if a blank line) as the example or original text when displayed on HTML pages
Next call agenda:
- more thorough update from LinuxCon
- copyright notice discussion
- discuss updates to new page on license matching related proposals (please review page in advance and add to Wiki page in meantime)