From SPDX Wiki
- Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
- Tom Incorvia, MicroFocus
- Jason Buttara, Cisco
- Tom Vidal, AGMB law firm
- Dennis Clark, NexB
- Phil Odence, Black Duck
- Michael Herzog, NexB
1) OSI issues update (Jilayne):
- Martin M sent an email this morning about some issues he found from the OSI side; Jilayne responded to Martin's email, copying various OSI parties with full list of outstanding issues.
- Martin found a couple OSI-approved licenses not on the SPDX-LL (that have not otherwise been identified as having issues). those are: MITRE Collaborative Virtual Workspace License (CVW License) and Reciprocal Public License, version 1.1
- Tom Incorvia to collect info to be added to list (i.e. check license text, suggest short identifier, url, etc.), email to group prior to next call to discuss as neeed. Presumption is to add, in keeping with goal of having all OSI-approved licenses as part of SPDX-LL
2) License Inclusion Guidelines (Tom V.): Tom sent an update via email prior to the meeting to summarize prior work and last version of draft to remind everyone.
- discussed current draft and how we got here; decided to go back to OSI definition and just include that as starting point, with explanation that the SPDX-LL will be broader than the OSI list of licenses, and therefore the decision to include a license on the SPDX-LL may result in some licenses that do not strictly adhere to the OSI definition.
- Tom Vidal to product revision based on today's discussion for review at next call.
To-Do's & Agenda for next call:
- everyone: review Kirstin's email/proposal sent earlier today and provide feedback to her via the email list
- Tom I is going to do research on OSI licenses to be added
- Tom V is going to do new revision of License Inclusion Guidelines (is this the best name for this document?
- Jilayne to post public domain info page; then opportunity for feedback/word-smithing from group and discuss where else or how accessed for this, as per Mark's suggestiong to be included in spec, etc.