Difference between revisions of "General Meeting/Minutes/2012-10-18"

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>Attendance: 7</p><p>Minutes of Oct 4 meeting approved.</p><p>Led by Kirsten Newcomer</p><p><strong>Technical Team Report - Gary<br /></strong></p><ul><li>Completed review of use cases. </li><li>Have started modeling phase<br /><ul><li>Will create model of v1.1 and review so that everyone has the same baseline to work from</li><li>Then will start building model for 2.0 and vet against use cases for 2.0</li></ul></li></ul><p><strong>Legal Team Report - Tom<br /></strong></p><ul><li>Last two meetings have been lightly attended. Only 4 folks this week. </li><li>Some issues have surfaced with the GPL exceptions on the SPDX license list <br /><ul><li>Legal team is looking for a volunteer to review for correctness</li></ul></li><li>Team discussed potential policy around licenses in different languages. Some initial thoughts from the team</li><ul><li>Official language of the license list site is English</li><li>A small number of licenses have been originally published in a different language; for those cases, may make sense to publish in the original language</li><li>Policy is still under discussion</li></ul></ul><p><strong>Business Team Report - Jack&nbsp;</strong></p><ul><li>No meeting last week. Current activities include</li><li>Recruitment<ul><li>Continuing to work on recruitment plan &amp; roadmap</li><li>Team thinks this will be ready for review soon</li><li>Team is looking for a volunteer to write the On Boarding document</li><li>Pierre has downloaded the free version of KarmaCRM which might be useful for tracking recruitment efforts</li><ul><li>Free version is limited to two users. One option might be to create a shared email address for SPDX team use. Business team wil discuss at next meeting. </li></ul></ul></li></ul><p><strong>Cross Functional Issues – Team<br /></strong></p><ul><li>Web Site Update<br /><ul><li>&nbsp;It's time to get ready for Linux Foundation conversion<ul><li>Need two SPDX team members to work with webmasters from the Linux Foundation</li><li>Recommendation is that Martin Michlymeyer be one and that the other team member be someone who contributed to the previous web-site revamp for continuinty.</li></ul></li></ul></li><li>SPDX plugin for Fossology</li><ul><li>Matt Germonprez (U of Neb) is making good progress and hopes to be able to share more broadly in about a month. </li></ul></ul><p class="p1"><strong>Attendees</strong></p><ul><li>Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck</li><li>Pierre Lapointe, nexB</li><li>Jack Manbeck, Texas Instruments</li><li>Kamyar Emami, Protecode</li><li>Tom Incorvia, Microfocus</li><li>Gary O'Neall, Source Auditor</li><li>Scott Lamons, HP</li></ul>
+
<p>Attendance: 7</p><p>Minutes of Oct 4 meeting approved.</p><p>Led by Kirsten Newcomer</p><p><strong>Technical Team Report - Gary<br /></strong></p><ul><li>Completed review of use cases.</li><li>Have started modeling phase<br /><ul><li>Will create model of v1.1 and review so that everyone has the same baseline to work from</li><li>Then will start building model for 2.0 and vet against use cases for 2.0</li></ul></li></ul><p><strong>Legal Team Report - Tom<br /></strong></p><ul><li>Last two meetings have been lightly attended. Only 4 folks this week.</li><li>Some issues have surfaced with the GPL exceptions on the SPDX license list <br /><ul><li>Legal team is looking for a volunteer to review for correctness</li></ul></li><li>Team discussed potential policy around licenses in different languages. Some initial thoughts from the team</li><ul><li>Official language of the license list site is English</li><li>A small number of licenses have been originally published in a different language; for those cases, may make sense to publish in the original language</li><li>Policy is still under discussion</li></ul></ul><p><strong>Business Team Report - Jack&nbsp;</strong></p><ul><li>No meeting last week. Current activities include</li><li>Recruitment<ul><li>Continuing to work on recruitment plan &amp; roadmap</li><li>Team thinks this will be ready for review soon</li><li>Team is looking for a volunteer to write the On Boarding document</li><li>Pierre has downloaded the free version of KarmaCRM which might be useful for tracking recruitment efforts</li><ul><li>Free version is limited to two users. One option might be to create a shared email address for SPDX team use. Business team wil discuss at next meeting.</li></ul></ul></li></ul><p><strong>Cross Functional Issues – Team<br /></strong></p><ul><li>Web Site Update<br /><ul><li>&nbsp;It's time to get ready for Linux Foundation conversion<ul><li>Need two SPDX team members to work with webmasters from the Linux Foundation</li><li>Recommendation is that Martin Michlymeyer be one and that the other team member be someone who contributed to the previous web-site revamp for continuinty.</li></ul></li></ul></li><li>SPDX plugin for Fossology</li><ul><li>Matt Germonprez (U of Neb) is making good progress and hopes to be able to share more broadly in about a month.</li></ul></ul><p class="p1"><strong>Attendees</strong></p><ul><li>Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck</li><li>Pierre Lapointe, nexB</li><li>Jack Manbeck, Texas Instruments</li><li>Kamyar Emami, Protecode</li><li>Tom Incorvia, Microfocus</li><li>Gary O'Neall, Source Auditor</li><li>Scott Lamons, HP</li></ul>

Revision as of 15:45, 18 October 2012

Attendance: 7

Minutes of Oct 4 meeting approved.

Led by Kirsten Newcomer

Technical Team Report - Gary

  • Completed review of use cases.
  • Have started modeling phase
    • Will create model of v1.1 and review so that everyone has the same baseline to work from
    • Then will start building model for 2.0 and vet against use cases for 2.0

Legal Team Report - Tom

  • Last two meetings have been lightly attended. Only 4 folks this week.
  • Some issues have surfaced with the GPL exceptions on the SPDX license list
    • Legal team is looking for a volunteer to review for correctness
  • Team discussed potential policy around licenses in different languages. Some initial thoughts from the team
    • Official language of the license list site is English
    • A small number of licenses have been originally published in a different language; for those cases, may make sense to publish in the original language
    • Policy is still under discussion

Business Team Report - Jack 

  • No meeting last week. Current activities include
  • Recruitment
    • Continuing to work on recruitment plan & roadmap
    • Team thinks this will be ready for review soon
    • Team is looking for a volunteer to write the On Boarding document
    • Pierre has downloaded the free version of KarmaCRM which might be useful for tracking recruitment efforts
      • Free version is limited to two users. One option might be to create a shared email address for SPDX team use. Business team wil discuss at next meeting.

Cross Functional Issues – Team

  • Web Site Update
    •  It's time to get ready for Linux Foundation conversion
      • Need two SPDX team members to work with webmasters from the Linux Foundation
      • Recommendation is that Martin Michlymeyer be one and that the other team member be someone who contributed to the previous web-site revamp for continuinty.
  • SPDX plugin for Fossology
    • Matt Germonprez (U of Neb) is making good progress and hopes to be able to share more broadly in about a month.

Attendees

  • Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck
  • Pierre Lapointe, nexB
  • Jack Manbeck, Texas Instruments
  • Kamyar Emami, Protecode
  • Tom Incorvia, Microfocus
  • Gary O'Neall, Source Auditor
  • Scott Lamons, HP