Difference between revisions of "Business Team/Minutes/2012-07-19"

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
<p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal">Attendees:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal">Scott Lamons (host)</p><p class="MsoNormal">Gary O'Neall</p><p class="MsoNormal">Kamyar Emami</p><p class="MsoNormal">Phil Odence</p><p class="MsoNormal">Pierre Lapointe</p><p class="MsoNormal">Michael Herzog</p><p class="MsoNormal">Jilayne Lovejoy</p><p class="MsoNormal">Steve Cropper (joined later)</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal">Agenda/Notes</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">1. Linuxcon (Panel, Working group meeting, 1.1 PR?)</span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">SPDX Business panel will be on Thursday at 10:25am -- Scott will moderate, Kate, Jilayne, and Jack will represent the tech, legal, and biz teams.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Scott will be setting up a meeting in the next couple weeks to start planning the content and flow.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>He will also reach out to Matt Germonprez to gauge interest in participating to talk about the work they're planning around Fossology (see below). </span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Working group meeting on Tuesday from 1-6pm will focus on 2.0.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>The first hour will be reserved to provide an SPDX introduction and meet any new participants.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Scott will work with LF to get this posted to the website.</span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Press release for 1.1?<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Consensus was that it's a good thing to do.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Review previous release for 1.0.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Scott will check with Amanda McPherson on logistics for putting this out via LF.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Things to include:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>updates to the license list, matching guidelines, CCO in response to community input , tools?</span></p><p>&nbsp; </p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">2. Outreach Activities (Fossology, Open Compliance program, Other?) </span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Matt Germonprez at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) and team are in the process of standing up a public instance of Fossology and they are forming a project to add SPDX functionality to Fossology.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Scott and Bob Goebille (Fossology architect) met with Matt to discuss their plans.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Bob is working with the team to resolve several issues.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Gary O'Neall and Kate Stewart offered their support as well.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">LF considering assigning a program/project manager to SPDX.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>FOSS barcode tracker (announced May 30) seems complementary to SPDX</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';"><br /></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Gary talked about target development/build tools such as Eclipse (e.g. an&nbsp;Eclipse plugin that wraps some of the existing tools).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Gary looking for some commitment from the Eclipse foundation.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Michael to reach out to Phillip at Eclipse.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Apache uses Eclipse.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">3. Web update.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Plan is to switch to the new website over the weekend of 7/28.&nbsp; Steve to send a message to the SPDX team as a heads up and coordintate with Martin.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>If there are any major problems we can switch it back before Monday.</span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">&nbsp;</span></p><p>&nbsp;</p>
+
<p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal">Attendees:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal">Scott Lamons (host)</p><p class="MsoNormal">Gary O'Neall</p><p class="MsoNormal">Kamyar Emami</p><p class="MsoNormal">Phil Odence</p><p class="MsoNormal">Pierre Lapointe</p><p class="MsoNormal">Michael Herzog</p><p class="MsoNormal">Jilayne Lovejoy</p><p class="MsoNormal">Steve Cropper (joined later)</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal">Agenda/Notes</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">1. Linuxcon (Panel, Working group meeting, 1.1 PR?)</span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">SPDX Business panel will be on Thursday at 10:25am -- Scott will moderate, Kate, Jilayne, and Jack will represent the tech, legal, and biz teams.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Scott will be setting up a meeting in the next couple weeks to start planning the content and flow.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></span> </p><p><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Working group meeting on Tuesday from 1-6pm will focus on 2.0.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>The first hour will be reserved to provide an SPDX introduction and meet any new participants.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Scott will work with LF to get this posted to the website.</span> </p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Press release for 1.1?<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Consensus was that it's a good thing to do.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Review previous release for 1.0.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Scott will check with Amanda McPherson on logistics for putting this out via LF.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Things to include:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>updates to the license list, matching guidelines, CCO in response to community input , tools?</span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">2. Outreach Activities (Fossology, Open Compliance program, Other?) </span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Matt Germonprez at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) and team are in the process of standing up a public instance of Fossology and they are forming a project to add SPDX functionality to Fossology.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Scott and Bob Goebille (Fossology architect) met with Matt to discuss their plans.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Bob is working with the team to resolve several issues.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;</span>Gary O'Neall and Kate Stewart offered their support as well.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></p><p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">LF considering assigning a program/project manager to SPDX.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>FOSS barcode tracker (announced May 30) seems complementary to SPDX</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';"><br /></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Gary talked about target development/build tools such as Eclipse (e.g. an&nbsp;Eclipse plugin that wraps some of the existing tools).<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Gary looking for some commitment from the Eclipse foundation.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Michael to reach out to Phillip at Eclipse.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Apache uses Eclipse.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">3. Web update.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Plan is to switch to the new website over the weekend of 7/28.&nbsp; Steve to send a message to the SPDX team as a heads up and coordintate with Martin.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>If there are any major problems we can switch it back before Monday.</span></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">&nbsp;</span></p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Revision as of 15:11, 20 July 2012

 

Attendees: 

 

Scott Lamons (host)

Gary O'Neall

Kamyar Emami

Phil Odence

Pierre Lapointe

Michael Herzog

Jilayne Lovejoy

Steve Cropper (joined later)

 

Agenda/Notes

 

 

 

1. Linuxcon (Panel, Working group meeting, 1.1 PR?)

 

SPDX Business panel will be on Thursday at 10:25am -- Scott will moderate, Kate, Jilayne, and Jack will represent the tech, legal, and biz teams.   Scott will be setting up a meeting in the next couple weeks to start planning the content and flow.    

Working group meeting on Tuesday from 1-6pm will focus on 2.0.   The first hour will be reserved to provide an SPDX introduction and meet any new participants.    Scott will work with LF to get this posted to the website.

Press release for 1.1?   Consensus was that it's a good thing to do.   Review previous release for 1.0.    Scott will check with Amanda McPherson on logistics for putting this out via LF.   Things to include:  updates to the license list, matching guidelines, CCO in response to community input , tools?

 

2. Outreach Activities (Fossology, Open Compliance program, Other?)

 

Matt Germonprez at the University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) and team are in the process of standing up a public instance of Fossology and they are forming a project to add SPDX functionality to Fossology.    Scott and Bob Goebille (Fossology architect) met with Matt to discuss their plans.   Bob is working with the team to resolve several issues.    Gary O'Neall and Kate Stewart offered their support as well.  

 

LF considering assigning a program/project manager to SPDX.    FOSS barcode tracker (announced May 30) seems complementary to SPDX


Gary talked about target development/build tools such as Eclipse (e.g. an Eclipse plugin that wraps some of the existing tools).   Gary looking for some commitment from the Eclipse foundation.  Michael to reach out to Phillip at Eclipse.     Apache uses Eclipse.  

 

3. Web update.  

 

Plan is to switch to the new website over the weekend of 7/28.  Steve to send a message to the SPDX team as a heads up and coordintate with Martin.  If there are any major problems we can switch it back before Monday.