Difference between revisions of "Technical Team/Minutes/2012-03-20"

From SPDX Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(Convert to MediaWiki syntax)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Minutes 3/20/2012</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Attendees:</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Gary O’Neall</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Bill Schineller</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Kirsten Newcomer</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Kate Stewart</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Peter Williams</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Jack Manbeck</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Marshall Clow</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Ed Warnicke</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Rana Rahal</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Agenda:</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">1.1 spec</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Signing proposals</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt 0.25in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l1 level2 lfo2; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;">1.1<span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">Spec</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">&nbsp;</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">Verification code has not been tested.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>A single implementation in the SPDX tools has been provided, but has not been verified.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>We have not heard anything back on the Python implementation.</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">&nbsp;</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">Proposal to move forward as specified.</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">&nbsp;</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">Kate will review bug DB and update spec.</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">&nbsp;</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">Peter will update RDF terms, then Gary will update the tools app and compare the doc to the RDF to the tools implementation.</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">&nbsp;</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">Kate to put draft licensing changes in SPEC and get signoff from legal team </span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">&nbsp;</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; text-indent: -0.25in;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">2.0 Specification - Signing proposals:</span></p><p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt;">&nbsp;</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Backwards compatibility requirements</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 1in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l4 level2 lfo5; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: 'Courier New'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Courier New';"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">o</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Ed asserts that there are mandatory fields in 1.0 that do not make sense in the supply chain scenarios.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span></span></span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 1.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l4 level3 lfo5; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Wingdings; mso-fareast-font-family: Wingdings; mso-bidi-font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">§</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Proposal to review these mandatory fields and decide if they make some of these mandatory fields as optional in version 2.0</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 1.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l4 level3 lfo5; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Wingdings; mso-fareast-font-family: Wingdings; mso-bidi-font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">§</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Agree to discuss what is mandatory and what is not in the in person meeting</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 1.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l4 level3 lfo5; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Wingdings; mso-fareast-font-family: Wingdings; mso-bidi-font-family: Wingdings;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">§</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Agree to document use cases</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Agree that signing is optional</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Compatibility – inline would probably break existing tools if the document was signed</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Put to a vote – Most participants expressed the opinion that both would work.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Vote yielded a majority to the detached proposal.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Rana – pass,<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Marshall – pass , both should work, Jack – detached,<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Gary – detached,<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Bill – detached, Kirsten – detached, at that point it was clear that we had trended to detached, so voting stopped. </span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Plan for the face to face meeting:</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Wednesday PM session:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>discussion of Use Cases &amp; Mandatory field migration from 1.0 to 2.0</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Thursday AM:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>proposal and discussion with wider group on what fields do it make sense to change what is mandatory, and what is not.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span>Get wider group feedback – before moving forward</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Thursday PM: Working through Ed's wider 2.0 proposal, incorporating feedback from earlier sessions on mandatory fields vs. not, and whiteboarding against the use cases.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp; </span></span></span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Pre-work before Face to Face.</span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Create a table of the mandatory fields and properties, and list the use cases that support and those that are contraindicated by them.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Have this work done before we get to face to face meeting.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>- Kate put a wiki page framework up.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Others to add use cases against the fields as they think of them. </span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt 0.5in; text-indent: -0.25in; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list 0in;"><span style="font-family: Symbol; mso-fareast-font-family: Symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: Symbol;"><span style="mso-list: Ignore;"><span style="font-size: medium;">·</span><span style="font: 7pt/normal 'Times New Roman'; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span></span></span><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Create a consolidated use cases for 2.0 list.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>Bill has transferred work from pad onto this site.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>All – please review and add other cases for consideration. </span></p><p class="MsoListParagraph" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">&nbsp;</span></p>
+
== Attendees ==
 +
 
 +
* Gary O’Neall
 +
* Bill Schineller
 +
* Kirsten Newcomer
 +
* Kate Stewart
 +
* Peter Williams
 +
* Jack Manbeck
 +
* Marshall Clow
 +
* Ed Warnicke
 +
* Rana Rahal
 +
 
 +
== Agenda ==
 +
 
 +
* 1.1 spec
 +
* Signing proposals
 +
 
 +
== 1.1 Spec ==
 +
 
 +
Verification code has not been tested. A single implementation in the SPDX tools has been provided, but has not been verified. We have not heard anything back on the Python implementation.
 +
 
 +
Proposal to move forward as specified.
 +
 
 +
Kate will review bug DB and update spec.
 +
 
 +
Peter will update RDF terms, then Gary will update the tools app and compare the doc to the RDF to the tools implementation.
 +
 
 +
Kate to put draft licensing changes in SPEC and get signoff from legal team
 +
 
 +
== 2.0 Specification - Signing proposals ==
 +
 
 +
* Backwards compatibility requirements
 +
 
 +
* Ed asserts that there are mandatory fields in 1.0 that do not make sense in the supply chain scenarios.
 +
 
 +
§ Proposal to review these mandatory fields and decide if they make some of these mandatory fields as optional in version 2.0
 +
 
 +
§ Agree to discuss what is mandatory and what is not in the in person meeting
 +
 
 +
§ Agree to document use cases
 +
 
 +
* Agree that signing is optional
 +
 
 +
* Compatibility – inline would probably break existing tools if the document was signed
 +
 
 +
* Put to a vote – Most participants expressed the opinion that both would work. Vote yielded a majority to the detached proposal. Rana – pass, Marshall – pass , both should work, Jack – detached, Gary – detached, Bill – detached, Kirsten – detached, at that point it was clear that we had trended to detached, so voting stopped.
 +
 
 +
== Plan for the face to face meeting ==
 +
 
 +
* Wednesday PM session: discussion of Use Cases &amp; Mandatory field migration from 1.0 to 2.0
 +
 
 +
* Thursday AM: proposal and discussion with wider group on what fields do it make sense to change what is mandatory, and what is not. Get wider group feedback – before moving forward
 +
 
 +
* Thursday PM: Working through Ed's wider 2.0 proposal, incorporating feedback from earlier sessions on mandatory fields vs. not, and whiteboarding against the use cases.
 +
 
 +
== Pre-work before Face to Face ==
 +
 
 +
* Create a table of the mandatory fields and properties, and list the use cases that support and those that are contraindicated by them. Have this work done before we get to face to face meeting. - Kate put a wiki page framework up. Others to add use cases against the fields as they think of them.
 +
 
 +
* Create a consolidated use cases for 2.0 list. Bill has transferred work from pad onto this site. All – please review and add other cases for consideration.
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Technical|Minutes]]
 +
[[Category:Minutes]]

Latest revision as of 13:27, 6 March 2013

Attendees

  • Gary O’Neall
  • Bill Schineller
  • Kirsten Newcomer
  • Kate Stewart
  • Peter Williams
  • Jack Manbeck
  • Marshall Clow
  • Ed Warnicke
  • Rana Rahal

Agenda

  • 1.1 spec
  • Signing proposals

1.1 Spec

Verification code has not been tested. A single implementation in the SPDX tools has been provided, but has not been verified. We have not heard anything back on the Python implementation.

Proposal to move forward as specified.

Kate will review bug DB and update spec.

Peter will update RDF terms, then Gary will update the tools app and compare the doc to the RDF to the tools implementation.

Kate to put draft licensing changes in SPEC and get signoff from legal team

2.0 Specification - Signing proposals

  • Backwards compatibility requirements
  • Ed asserts that there are mandatory fields in 1.0 that do not make sense in the supply chain scenarios.

§ Proposal to review these mandatory fields and decide if they make some of these mandatory fields as optional in version 2.0

§ Agree to discuss what is mandatory and what is not in the in person meeting

§ Agree to document use cases

  • Agree that signing is optional
  • Compatibility – inline would probably break existing tools if the document was signed
  • Put to a vote – Most participants expressed the opinion that both would work. Vote yielded a majority to the detached proposal. Rana – pass, Marshall – pass , both should work, Jack – detached, Gary – detached, Bill – detached, Kirsten – detached, at that point it was clear that we had trended to detached, so voting stopped.

Plan for the face to face meeting

  • Wednesday PM session: discussion of Use Cases & Mandatory field migration from 1.0 to 2.0
  • Thursday AM: proposal and discussion with wider group on what fields do it make sense to change what is mandatory, and what is not. Get wider group feedback – before moving forward
  • Thursday PM: Working through Ed's wider 2.0 proposal, incorporating feedback from earlier sessions on mandatory fields vs. not, and whiteboarding against the use cases.

Pre-work before Face to Face

  • Create a table of the mandatory fields and properties, and list the use cases that support and those that are contraindicated by them. Have this work done before we get to face to face meeting. - Kate put a wiki page framework up. Others to add use cases against the fields as they think of them.
  • Create a consolidated use cases for 2.0 list. Bill has transferred work from pad onto this site. All – please review and add other cases for consideration.