- Jilayne Lovejoy
- Jim Vitrano
- John Horan
- Mark Atwood
- Mike Dolan
- Paul Madick
- Steve Winslow
1) Follow-up conversation re: “SPDX-Copyright:” or related tags – suggestion from REUSE folks and discussion in Github issue here: https://github.com/spdx/spdx-spec/issues/122
- Based on SPDX legal team and tech team calls, current conversation is towards adding an appendix to the SPDX spec that recommends use of a subset of tags from the File Information section of the spec, prefixed by “SPDX-”. This would enable inclusion of various information in source file comments in a way that maps directly to existing SPDX fields.
- For a file’s copyright notices, this would be: “SPDX-FileCopyrightText:”
- But, this has not been formalized or adopted by SPDX, and there is not yet a draft appendix to add this to the spec. Don’t need to wait until a full new release of the spec, but would want to see a merged PR adding the appendix to the spec before making further informal recommendations.
- Community participants who would like to see this added are welcome and invited to attend tech team calls as this is one of the topics under discussion, and to help with drafting an appendix.
2) 3.7 planning Discussed “shepherding” an issue via being assignee. Being “assigned” doesn’t mean you’re making the decision on whether or not to add a license to the list. If >= 3 people give a +1 and no objections, then fine, easy to add. If complicated issues, then label as “discuss on legal call” in Github issue thread. Call attendees agreed to each go through the open issues and add comments before the next call.
3) Specifically discussed open issues:
- Commons Clause: not really either a license or an exception, but more of an additional restriction. Not clear that this is suitable to add either to the license list or to the exceptions list. Issue at: https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/issues/902
- UCL-1.0: appears to be just a small mod to OSL-3.0 but believe it is a substantively different license, and should likely be added since it is OSI-approved. Issue at: https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/issues/894